Black & Blue

Practically swinging from side to side on her mums arm while walking down the street to their school Nell giggled as Helena smirked at her from the corner of her eye. It had been a day now since the whole thing with their father blew up at the party in one of London's finest hotels. And as predicted the papers had managed to get hold of the story and print what they knew about Helena and Dominic Edwards break up. Weirdly Helena didn't seem to care what the papers had to say about it all, she never used to care when they would write about her, normally something to do with her fashion but this time around she just ignored it and decided to carry on with her life as if it never happened.

She didn't miss Dominic anymore in fact she had grown to hate him now after all he had put her through. And like Johnny had said to her he just wasn't worth it. 

Johnny, now that was a completely different matter all together. She honestly didn't know what to make of their current relationship, all this time she had just thought that they were the best of friends but now with him acting so loving towards her, so caring she just didn't know how to feel. Or what he felt for that matter. Johnny kissed her in the garden and it wasn't just a friendly peck on the lips, it was a loving one, a kiss that even she found herself being drawn into.

Helena didn't know if his affectionate ways were just a passing thing or whether she really did mean more to him then she thought. But then that made her worry, the thought of loving someone other then Dominic made her nervous, she couldn't go through another painful breakup like this, her poor heart wouldn't allow her to cope. She loved Johnny dearly as a friend, of course she did, but to actually be in love with him was another matter completely. Sure she was attracted to him, who wouldn't be but she would never be able to let go of that fear of being hurt again. She knew it would probably be the death of her if she were to experience her heart breaking again.

"Mum" Billy said also holding his mums other hand as he adjusted his backpack on his shoulder "Yes love"

"Can Johnny come over again soon please? maybe for a meal?" he asked looking up at his mum as they walked, while little Nell continued to swing on her mums arm from side to side as she skipped. Frowning at his sudden question Helena smiled at him "If you like, what makes you want to see him?" she asked while Billy just shrugged "I just want to see him that all" as much as it were true there was a slight hope that if Johnny was to come over more often then maybe he could get even closer with his mum. Billy wasn't stupid to see the way Johnny was looking after her and caring about her recently. He could see the happiness in his mums face whenever he was over and above everything he just wanted his mum to be happy again.

"Next time I see him I'll ask" she said this before stopping at the school gate and leaning down to give them both a kiss "See you later" she smiled happily as she waved them off.

Sighing to herself Helena's smile suddenly dropped as she turned round to see Dominic standing a few meters away just staring at her with a black eye. Watching him approach her Helena tried to remain calm and collected as he pulled her to one side. "What are you doing here?" she asked him sternly his eyes were hard as he looked at her and his teeth were gritted angrily. "Do you realise you made a fool of yourself Wednesday night and now we are both having to pay for it!!" he yelled at her causing her to suddenly lash out a slap him hard across the face for his cheek.

Shocked by the sudden hit Dominic looked at her with daggers in his eyes "You asshole!" she spat pushing him away from her "How dare you accuse me when what you've done is a 100 times worse" the venom in her tone of voice made his shake his head at her "You've exposed us to the papers!" he yelled just as angrily "Not on purpose!"

"Dominic I've had it with you! I don't even want to be see here talking to you! what the hell happened to your face anyway?!" the way he rolled his eyes and seemed to smirk made her gulp nervously. "You think this is bad you should see Johnny" the quick gasped that followed after hearing that made her panic, what did he do? Johnny is hurt?