Two little life lines

I'm sorry but the person you are calling is unavailable please leave a message after the tone.....

"Hellie, I've been waiting outside the house for over half and hour now as you probably realised I stupidly left my keys when I left the other day....I've tried ringing you but you're not picking up, we need to talk baby so please ring me back when you get this..." hanging up his phone Johnny sighed loudly standing outside his front door with absolutely no luck of getting back in. He had been staying at a hotel for the last two nights and hadn't heard from his wife since him leaving.

The guilt was now eating at him from the inside, his insides twisted when he realised just how wrong he was for leaving her in such a way. He was upset and not thinking straight, he didn't want to leave in fact these last two days he had been awful. Johnny had tried ringing her phone only to find her not picking up. He knew she was upset and knew he may have now officially pushed her over the edge, but he was sorry. If only she would pick up he could tell her just how much he regretted walking out on her the way he did.

Spending this time apart had not helped like he thought but only made it worse, he missed her, needed her back only now she wasn't answering his calls. Not even answering the front door. He couldn't understand why on earth the kids hadn't answered or even nanny Anne? She was meant to be back now he was sure of that.

Checking his watch as he walked to his car Johnny read the hands to be half past 5. That only made him more curious as to where everyone could be. Unless of course they were all just inside ignoring him together. For that he wouldn't blame them, he made a mistake, he realises that now.

Opening the car door Johnny buckled himself into his seat and drove off. This feeling that something bad had happened was making him anxious, something was telling him that all wasn't alright. He felt strange, as if he was out of the loop of something. He just didn't know what. Speeding down the road Johnny felt his mind wondering off into what if's and maybe's. The feeling of both guilt and panic now swarmed at the pit of his stomach. Her tearstained face still haunts him in his sleep, seeing her so heartbroken when he told her he needed space. Thinking of her like that now ripped at his heart strings, he could really kick himself now knowing how stupidly selfish that was considering just how fragile she was and still is. The last thing she needed was for him to give up on her like that, he didn't mean it. He would never give up on Helena. Ever!

As much as he regrets leaving like he did, this time alone has given him the chance to really think about their argument. And as much as he still doesn't like the idea of Helena being nice to Dominic he knew now that she was right. Just because he hated the man didn't mean she had to act uncivil with him. It was all so childish to think she would hate Dominic when really she should remain professional about this. She did have a point that they could work together again and therefore it was only right to act grown up about this whole thing and move on. This whole situation was just so stupid, their argument was stupid and he was stupid and now he realised that.

Turning on the radio Johnny skipped through a few stations. He needed to get his mind off this subject he need to try and relax. But before coming across his favourite music station he frowned as just before he reached the music station he wanted he heard a news headline on the lines of: 'The actress was rushed to hospital' by one reporter on the BBC station.

Flicking back Johnny listened to the report carefully as he drove down the road. "She has said to be recovering in her nearest hospital after what reporters are claiming to be some sort of heart attack...Helena Bonham Carter was said to be found by her two children unconscious in her London home just a few days ago...." The mention of his wife's name immidiatly caused Johnny's face to drop in sheer shock and horror. Everything now the reporter was saying on his car radio was like white noise, like time had stopped. He felt physically sick now. He couldn't believe his own ears hearing she had some sort of heart attack. The guilt was eating him alive. what have I done...