The Need

Smiling happily as she watched Billy and Nell playing dress up in the living room Helena gently ran her hands over the forever growing baby bump. She was not long now, a couple more months had past and things seemed to be going just smoothly. Nanny Anne and Mark had been a great help to her through all this, they both had taken care of her and taken her to her scans and doctors appointments when necessary. Billy and Nell were very excited to meet their new sister and knew it would only be a matter of time until they were able to finally see her.

These last few months had been so much more easier, much more relaxed and Helena could only thank Johnny for keeping to his word to back off a little when it came to her space. Of course he came to visit her every now and then to check on her and make sure she was well and that their baby was too but other then that he knew he had to give her time. It was difficult but he was sure by the end of it she would begin to come back to him, or so he hoped. Each and every time he saw Mark around her it seemed to aggravate him more, he didn't want this man pushing in on her making her feel like she owed him anything as he had apparently been doing so much to help her. Mark was already beginning to get very close with Helena and even the children, so for that alone it made Johnny feel as if he had been truly shut out from their lives.

"Mummy are you ok?" Nell's concerned voice brought Helena from her thoughts before looking at her two adorable children dressed up in silly outfits and wigs "Fine sweetheart just thinking" she smiled.

"Right you two dinner is in the other room" Nanny Anne came in smirking at the children as they ran past her and out to the kitchen. It was getting dark outside and rather chilly too as they were approaching winter now.

"Can I get you something dearie?" she asked Helena who continued to just sit on the settee staring at her baby bump as she ran her hands up and down "No thank you, I had an early dinner with Mark, I'm full" with this she looked up at nanny Anne and smiled sweetly still not managing to hide the hidden sadness to her eyes. If she were truthful she was beginning to feel down again. Telling Johnny to keep his distance seemed like a good idea with the given circumstances but even Helena couldn't deny she was beginning to miss him being around, quite a bit actually.

"How are you feeling? and saying 'fine' is not an answer" smiling knowingly at their nanny Helena sighed and tilted her head back against the head rest of the sofa.

"I went to the hospital a few days ago...the blood around my heart seems to be pumping around fine, it's only at nights when I start to feel pain... they say its because when I sleep I'm not breathing in enough oxogen..." this seemed to make nanny Anne frown and Helena could only chuckle at how ridiculous and confusing this was all sounding. "I don't know really what is going on, just that the whole time I was smoking I was affecting my blood cells....its all very technical and confusing but their treating me and I seem to be getting better...apparently"

Nodding at this Nanny Anne smiled kindly at her before cleaning up after the children and putting all the dressing up clothes and props into the large box that they had turned out. "And the baby? everything....ok?" Nanny Anne couldn't help but be concerned for her, Helena was a private and rather quite lady when it came to her personal life and therefore she was not really sure how her employer was feeling inside. She never let it out, never showed her pain or her happiness, well not anymore.

"The baby is well, from what they tell me anyway" and before she could continue the bell to the front door suddenly buzzed making both heads look towards the door way. "I'll get it" Nanny Anne was quick to her feet and quick out of the door. She knew it was probably Mark as he had said he would pop in this evening.

Waiting patiently in her living room Helena was surprised to see Johnny hobble in on his crutches. He had been working hard on heeling his broken leg and was now finally out of the wheelchair they had stuck him in for the last couple of months "Wha....what are you? this is a surprise" Helena stumbled nervously as she brought herself to her feet while helping him to sit down. Nanny Anne smiled at Helena before leaving the pair of them alone. She was happy Johnny was here, she liked him a lot and knew it would only be a matter of time until he would hopefully be back living in this house.