Familiar Times

Coughing into her little hands Nell rested her head back against her pillow. She wasn't well, in fact to her it felt as if she would never get rid of this cold considering it had already been about 5 days now of having it. The amount of days of school would make most children happy but for her it was a nightmare. She liked school and enjoyed her time with her friends, being stuck in bed all day every day was not her idea of fun. She was bored, just fed up.

"Mummy" Nell said as Helena placed a cold flannel to her head. She had spent most of her time looking after her little girl. She was surprised that her cold was still around she even thought about taking her to the doctors to see if it was a flu. "Yes Sweetie?" Helena removed her hand from the flannel and gave her a small smile as she tucked her in her bed. "Can we go downstairs? watch a film or something?" she was desperate to get out of bed, desperate to do something other then sleep. Helena knew she was bored and for that she could only smile at her "Course we can, as long as you do get a nap sometime today, the more sleep you get the faster you'll get better" Nell couldn't help but nod excitedly at this.

"And, and can we please please please have Johnny over?" this took Helena by surprise, Johnny's name hadn't been mentioned in this house for a good couple of weeks. The last time she had saw him was when things between them had gotten well slightly out of control "I...I don't know..."

"Please mummy, I really want to see him" Nell pouted whilst giving her puppy dog eyes. "Darling he's a very busy man" Helena tried again not knowing herself if she really wanted to see him, with what happened last time she didn't know where they stood. She had tried her best not to think about him these last couple of weeks but if she were honest she was beginning to get feelings once again for him it was as if that wall she had put up after finding out he had cheated was beginning to crumble. He was making her smile once again even laugh and that she missed let alone being able to kiss him. But no! this was wrong she was letting go to easily forgiving to easily, she needed to remember that he is the bad one here he is the one that cheated. Yet, none of that seemed to matter anymore and for that she didn't know why, she hated it but the fact was still a fact she loves him and not even Helena knew what to do to convince herself otherwise.

"Nell Mark is coming over later can't he..." she was immediately cut off by Nell who continued to pout stubbornly before crossing her arms "No I want Johnny" she moaned which made Helena sigh and shake her head knowing at her. Nell reminded her so much of herself when she was that age, headstrong was only one word to describe her let alone bossy.

"Fine, if you want him you'll have to call him" she stated with a smirk before pulling out her iPhone from her trouser pocket and unlocking her phone to get to her contracts "Yay" Nell exclaimed pushing herself up in her bed excitedly and taking the rather large iPhone in her hands before holding the phone to her ear as it called for Johnny. Watching Nell smiling brightly as he picked up on the other end made Helena smirk at just how excited she was to ask him over.

"No it's not mummy it's me" was the first thing Nell giggled into the receiver. "I'm not feeling very well and I just wanted to ask if you would like to come round?" she continued to hear Nell say as she spoke to Johnny on the other end.

"Yes mum knows, oh please say you can come" she begged to which Helena rolled her eyes and pushed herself up from Nell's bed waiting for her to hang up the phone. "Yes! Thank you, I missed you so much Johnny..." this surprisingly pulled at Helena's heart string's she didn't know why yet that seemed to make her feel guilty as if she had been keeping him from her children. She knew she shouldn't feel guilty as they weren't even his but yet he had been more of a father to them then their own one and so that did make her feel slightly bad for keeping them apart.

"Ok! see you soon" Nell giggled happily before saying her goodbyes and hanging up the phone with a huge and excited smile on her face. "He's coming!" she exclaimed happily before pulling the duvet from her body and running out of the room still dressed in her PJ's to run down to the living room and keep watch for his car that would eventually pull up in their drive.