The news

The surprised but happy expressions coming from both Billy and Nell were a joy to see. Nell was a little more surprised then anything but Billy's face was painted with pure happiness on his mums behalf. Now as they sat in Nell's room after calling Billy in to announce the new they had for them they were all stunned to silence, complete silence. Johnny waited with bated breath to hear what they had to say on the matter and he wasn't sure if he was holding Helena's hand beside him for her sake or just to steady his own nerves as they stared at the children.

"Say something you two" Helena said hating this silence as she darted her slightly nervous eyes over each of their faces.

"You're together" Billy finally spoke up with the smile on his face growing more and more as this all processed. Johnny was to be like his step father, he would actually have a dad to play ball with him and fight the pirates that he made up in his head and not only that he would look after and love his mum. Billy's happy expression calmed Helena and made her nod happily as she looked between him and Nell who seemed to stay very quiet.

"Sweetie, talk to me" Helena reached forward and placed her free hand on Nell's knee as she sat crossed legged on her bed beside her brother. All eyes were on her now, she realised that "I'm happy mummy, for you both" she said timidly smiling at Johnny as he smiled sweetly at the little girl. "But...." she whispered her eyes glazing over with fresh tears. "Does that mean I'll never see daddy again" she sniffled trying to be a strong girl and not cry. Helena's heart sunk after seeing how upset this made her Nell and for that she let go of Johnny's hand and moved to cradle her tightly in her arms "Nooooo my love, you can still see your daddy, I will never prevent you from visiting him" she said rubbing her arm and kissing her head soothingly.

Johnny licked his lips nervously as if to say something to which he did not really knowing how to deal with this situation "I won't ever try and be your daddy angel, just your friend when you need one" he said to her making Helena look over at him with a thankful smile on her face for his words.

"Come on, dry those tears nothing will change we just thought we'd tell you because the press have written about it in the news papers and everyone will know by tomorrow morning" Nell removed her arms from around her mum and walked over to Johnny. "Do you promise to always be my friend?" she asked him wiping away a tear from her cheek. Johnny smiled at her and pulled her up beside him on the bed. "Always" he promised his eyes looking straight into hers as if locking that promise.

Smiling at him Nell wrapped her little arms around him making not only his but Helena's heart melt with the gesture. "Now you two it's late, time for bed" Helena smirked at Billy before hopping of Nell's bed and saying her goodnights before walking out of the room with Johnny and Billy.

Now in the hallway after shutting Nell's door Billy stopped the pair of them "Do you mind if I could speak to Johnny alone?" he said to which both of them frowned "If you like" Helena said questioning what on earth he was up to. Johnny looked at Billy as he waved his hand for him to follow to which Johnny smirked and Helena before following the boy into his bedroom.

Now that the door was shut behind him Billy offered him to sit on the end of his bed to which Johnny did still wondering what he had to say. "So why have you summoned me in here" he asked raising his brow at the boy who simply smiled "I wanted to talk to you, privately" he began very sure of what he was going to say to the famous movie star that seemed to win over his mothers heart. "You know that mum went through a time when....well when dad cheated on her?....It left her in such a state that I thought maybe she would be silly enough to really hurt herself" he said trying to make Johnny see where he was going with this "I know you worried about her" Johnny spoke up looking at Billy's concerned face.

"She started drinking, heavily that is and then began smoking again" he added not realising that Johnny was aware of the depression she went through or is still receiving from. "She's had trouble in the past with smoking...her doctor told her that she had something wrong with her heart and that her lungs were being effected too" Johnny had to admit that he didn't know that part of the story and for that alone that frightened him. Bloody hell Dominic not only broke her heart but could of potentially killed her as well.