What could have been

"A vampire!" Helena who was playing Julia Hoffman came walking into the room where Elizabeth Collins (Michelle Pfeiffer) was sitting behind her desk. They had been filming for a couple of days now obviously without there're leading man as he was still in America. But that still didn't mean that the rest of the cast couldn't continue on with their scenes where Barnabas Collins was not needed. Tim was happy with the amount they had already filmed, they had already completed two scenes with Bella Heathcot, those being right at the beginning of the movie when she first arrives at the house.

Today was a new day with a fresh scene to be looking at and both Helena and Michelle were doing such a great Job with their parts, well in Tim's eyes that was. Dominic was there, however as co producer and director he would every now and again stop to either pick up on something that Helena had done or just to move them about in the scene to suit him. Helena knew what a prick he was being for continuously picking her up for things when she was trying to act but then her mind was in darker places to be caring about what made Dominic happier. For everyone working with Helena or who knew from past movies what it was like to work with her she was funny and always carrying a bright smile on her face.

However this time around she seemed to distance herself a bit from everyone, she would engage in small conversation and then return to her trailer on set to be alone for a while. If any one was really paying attention to her moods you might even say she was going through some kind of depression. She was so down, so careless about Dominic nit picking that people were slowly beginning to worry about her. She looked so fragile and even acted so whenever someone had the chance to speak to her.

Tim was aware of what had happened and aware of what secret she had kept from the world. Before filming a couple of days ago Helena had decided to sit down with Tim and discuss her current situation with Johnny. Tim was her truest friend and therefore she owned it to him and to herself to tell him what really was going on with her. He had the right to know as he was the director and what she had told him that night in his office only made him sympathies with her. He thought originally that she would pull out from playing Julia Hoffman but he knew just how much she loved the part and therefore was only happy to hear that she would not back out. Helena was a fighter, he knew that.  He just hope she would be strong enough when Johnny would eventually arrive on set.

"He told me everything, including the fact that you've known his secret from the minute he arrived, why the hell didn't you say anything!" Julia shouted waving a glass of whiskey in her hand as she practically screamed at Elizabeth Collins sitting behind her desk. Tim watched the pair act with such a proud glint in his eyes, this film would be a success, with as cast as strong as this why wouldn't it be. 

"Tim" he heard Dominic whisper to him sitting beside him in his directors chair "Hmm?"

"He's here" he heard Dominic say so casually as he watched Johnny very quietly make his way round the back of the set. Looking over suddenly at where Johnny had managed to sneak in Tim felt relieved to see him but also a little anxious considering all he knew about the affair. He was the only one, nor Dominic or anyone else knew of what had happened but Tim was sure it would only be a matter of time.

Johnny was carefully stepping over the wires from all the cameras and kept as quiet as he could before finally reaching both Dominic and Tim. "Glad you got back alright" Tim whispered shaking his friends hand while Dominic just ignored his so called friend and continued to watch Helena and Michelle shoot their scene.

Johnny smiled kindly at Tim before slowly looking up to see Helena playing her role as Julia, her hair was as orange as the fruit itself and her makeup was as extravagant as her 70s costume. He felt an empty pit at the bottom of his stomach, he felt as if he was turning and twisting inside. He knew she knew, he knew she didn't want to hear from him as she kept cancelling his calls. But all he had done was thought of her, missed her warmth and love so much that right now the thought of her being hurt by him made him feel violently sick. He loved her, so much.