A Date?

The clinking sound of cutlery scraping across people's food plates and the soft laughter from different tables made Helena very aware that she was being seen in public. The gentle background music of Jazz and the beautiful setting of this wonderful famous London restaurant made her feel slightly nervous. She didn't know why she was feeling a little uneasy as she sat across a small table from Johnny Depp who was enjoying his sea food platter, she just did. She had appreciate the fact that Johnny was here as a friend to bring her out of this depressing stage of her life, but she couldn't help think that this was actually a real date. When he said date, did he mean an actual date? or just a friendly dinner out. She felt so confused.

Even when she was getting ready for this evening she desperately needed nanny Anne's opinion on what to wear, she felt silly that she was panicking about how to dress. Was she meant to be really elegant and smart or just casual smart? was a dress to much? was a low cut front to revealing? Finally Helena found a cute little black dress that finished just at the knee, it was nicely fitted around her small frame and didn't show to much skin as it had a bit of laces covering over her chest all the way up to her neck that she placed a chunky pebbled necklace around over the top. She had pinned her hair back a little under a small black hat that made her look as if she had a bob. Nanny Anne pulled out a pair of black high heels to finish the look off for her and as soon as she was ready nanny Anne stepped back to look at her. She looked beautiful truly stunning and even Helena smiled at herself as she looked in the mirror, she actually looked half decent now.

Johnny had complimented her look as soon as he saw her head over to him in the bar lounge. He too was dressed smartly in a black suit, nicely shaven leaving his moustache of course and letting his soft hair fall slightly around his face, it wasn't long nor was it short it was just in the middle and even Helena had to admit that was his best look. As soon as they sat down and ordered their meal they had began talking about anything and everything besides Dominic, Johnny had wanted her to be the first to bring up his name, that of course was only if she had wanted to. But he was more interested in hearing about her and the children and what stories she had about them.

Now as they sat finishing of their meals Helena felt slightly awkward sitting here in full few of London with Johnny Depp, if truth be told she was worried what people may have to say especially seeing as she had just kicked Dominic Edwards out of their home. She dreaded to think what all the women were now saying as she sat here with Johnny Depp which she could swear now was an actual date. He could sense she was feeling uneasy just by the way she would run her food along the outline of the plate, every now and again looking around sheepishly. "Hellie?" Johnny said leaning forward on the table and catching her wandering eyes. "You look like a lost puppy, whats the matter?" he asked with a friendly smile, seeing how she looked down awkwardly. His eyes were so kind and gentle, he was so caring and yet she couldn't help but feel guilty. She didn't know why she felt guilty that she enjoyed Johnny's company she just did. Maybe it was because she was still a married woman, she just couldn't work it out.

"I'm sorry, I guess I'm just not used to this....its be a long time" she smiled shyly at him to which he shook his head at her and smiled "Put you in a romantic setting and you can hardly talk to me" he chuckled waving down a waiter suddenly. "What are you doing?" she asked as the waiter brought over the bill to which Johnny handed him a few £20 notes before telling him to keep the change. As soon as the waiter left Johnny wiped the corner of his mouth with the white napkin on the table before getting up and offering his hand to Helena who just sat there frowning at him. "Come on, lets get you out of here" he smiled, it was as if he could read her thoughts as if he knew she felt uncomfortable being there with all those people. Taking his hand she smiled sweetly at him before letting him lead them out of the restaurant.

---------------------

Giggling loudly as Johnny practically pulled her along with him, they ran past all the people walking along the busy late night streets of London. Helena had to hold on with one hand on her hat to stop it from blowing off, she couldn't help the large smile on her face as he pulled them into a near by park that thankfully was a lot more quiet then the streets were. It was pitch black now, and the only light they had was the bright light of the moon and a couple of the lamp post along the tarmac walkway of the park.

Sitting down on a bench Johnny patted the seat beside him to which she smiled and sat down. "Why did you do that?" she giggled looking at him now they were both seated on the park bench. Shrugging his shoulders Johnny suddenly looked up to noticed a pretzel stand that caught his eye "I didn't want you feeling nervous at all, this is far more relaxed" he explained before jumping up again telling her to wait before rushing over to the pretzel stand. Helena narrowed her eyes a little so she could see what exactly he was up too only smirking at him as he turned around to check on her before paying for two pretzels.

"Here you are, desert" Johnny handed her one making her giggle at him and shake her head just as he sat back down to join her. "Why are you doing all this" she gleamed at him watching as he took a large bite out of the warm pretzel "I'm your friend" he mumbled as he continued to chew on the pretzel, Helena smiled sweetly at this still watching him closely as if seeing him for the first time. He was so caring, she had never really seen this side to him before. Not that he wasn't always but she had never noticed it to this extent. He was here for her, he always had been.

Turning his head slightly to look at her with a raised brow Johnny smirked "It's gonna get cold if you don't eat up" looking back at the pretzel he had just brought her Helena could feel the slight blush to her cheeks for being caught staring for to long.

"Johnny I didn't really get the chance to thank you probably for Sunday, you made Billy so happy, I haven't see a smile on his face like that for a while now" looking at her he smiled "I had a good time too, I'm just sorry that....you know" Johnny didn't mean to bring it up it just kind of slipped out and seeing the way Helena's face dropped he felt like kicking himself for bringing him up. "I'm sorry" he said turning to look at her now that her eyes began to water. She hated it that every-time she was either reminded of him or if she was just to hear Dominic's name that she felt like crying, it was pathetic and she hated her feelings. 

"No I am, the way he ruined thing and how he hurt you was unfair" she sighed, suddenly losing her appetite for the pretzel in her hand. Johnny was quick to notice how the mood had suddenly change for which he chucked the rest of his own pretzel in the bin beside him and turned himself round on the bench to hold her hand "I'm here if you want to talk Hel, you need to let it out" he said softly while gently running his thumb over her knuckles.

Looking at him Helena braved a sad smile and shook her head. "Let's not spoil this evening, I've had a really nice time" now wasn't the time to talk. She never knew if there ever was going to be a right time all she knew was that for the first time in a long while she felt happy, she liked being in Johnny's company as he seemed to make her forget about Dominic, even if it was just for a short while. He worked the same way as her alcohol did, although he was a healthier option.

"Would you like me to take you home?" he asked her. Helena gave him a small smile as she shook her head "Not just yet" with that she nudged his arm slightly making him smile down at her as she placed her head against his shoulder and finally relaxed against the back of the bench. "Lets just watch the stars" she breathed staring at the brightly lit nights sky covered in twinkling stars. Johnny without a thought placed his arm around her. 

He cared for her a lot, he knew maybe that his feeling for her were most definitely leading into more, yet in someways he didn't know if it really was a good idea. He didn't know how she felt, besides she was still married to Dominic one of his closest friends. This whole thing was really a big mess and what was worse every time he spent with her he just wanted to hold her and protect her from any more hurt. He knew it was foolish of him to have such feelings for her, but he did have them and he knew if he caught feelings they weren't easy to get rid of. 

A/N: I'm sorry its short but there was no way of making this chapter longer as the next one would have more. Anyways what do you think? sparks are starting to fly! haha let me know <3 <3