Max

It had now been a month. A month where every single day seemed to be getting far and far worse to live by. This had to be the most miserable time that Johnny had ever experienced in his life time. In fact this whole year had been a complete disaster, what with his relationship with Helena well and truly over and the discovery that she was suffering with something or other to do with the heart was enough to make him worry. Not that he knew all the in's and out's about her medial health as she barely looked at him anymore let alone spoke to him. And not only that, she was carrying his first child, their baby that they had talked about having until this whole perfect little bubble they had was burst within a matter of one stupid night out. A night that Johny wished he never attended.

Trying to get in contact with Tabitha over the last few weeks had been a nightmare. He knew he had to try and sort this whole matter out, he knew desperately how much he wanted to hear the truth about his foolishly drunken night. But yet not even Tabitha was picking up her phone and tracing her father was even harder.

Everything seemed to be going backwards for him while everyone else in his life seemed to be pushing forward. He still had no idea about this whole business with Helena's builder but he knew if he thought about it long enough he would begin to go crazy and what with the amount of alcohol he had been consuming these last couple of days Johnny was scared he might do something stupid. The last thing he would want would be to hurt Helena again and that is why he found himself distancing himself from her. As much as he wanted to hang around he knew it was only causing her more aggravation and heartache, therefore he was now giving her what she had asked for in the first place, space.

Swigging back the straight vodka from his silver flask Johnny tried to pull himself together as he watched in despair as his best friends coffin was carried down the isle by men dressed smartly in black suits. Today was his funeral and there was a surprising turn out of people all dressed in black crying silently as they sat with family members in this beautiful church of England. This is where Max had told his family he would want to be buried, on english soil and not in America where he had been living for the last 20 years. Max Luken was born in England and grew up here in his childhood it was only when he reached a certain age that he left his beloved family and friends and went off to work in America.

Johnny and him met on the film 'cry baby' Max was training to be a producer at the time and Johnny was just starting out as an aspiring new actor on the grand silver screen. Max and him would do everything together, both of them were quite the catch and would always managed to pick up what ever girl they wanted at whatever club. Not only that but they had worked together many a times on films. Max was always there for him always was the person to call or meet up with when Johnny would feel low and now when he needed Max most someone had gone ahead killed the poor man for no reason what's so ever.

He felt as if his stomach was turning inside out, none of this was really sinking in yet. He felt so weak so completely done now with life. He wished he had someone here to hold his hand to be his rock and support him, yet he knew his rock was probably off dating that fucking good for nothing builder. The thought of his Hellie dating someone else was to much to bare in fact he now realised the more alcohol he drunk the quicker those thoughts seemed to hurt a little less. He just couldn't bring himself to accept that this was really the end, nothing would be the end unless he says it's so.

steadying his nerves with another gulp at his flask Johnny screwed on the lid and placed it in his pocket of his black blazer. As soon as the vicar called him to the stand Johnny tried his best to keep his emotions in and remain strong for Max's family who watched the actor slowly make his way to the stand for the reading of his Eulogy.

Standing there for a moment or two in complete silence Johnny very slowly lifted his head and gazed out over the sea of people mourning his very best friend all dressed in black with only the hint of white handkerchief being drawn to the faces of all the women who were silently sobbing over their loss. He knew he should begin to speak but yet this was harder then he had thought, this was him basically saying goodbye and for that reason alone he didn't really want to be stood here with all the eyes in this church looking at him sadly.