The Dinner

Billy wasn't stupid.

He couldn't help but frown at the way his mum was smirking across the small dining room table at Johnny, who had come for dinner this evening just like he had hoped. Billy was happy to hear that Johnny was coming over and as was Nell who also came rushing to the door to welcome him into their home. When they laid eyes upon him they both looked as shocked as their mum did when she had seen his face. But of course Johnny had made up the story that he was mugged yesterday and was beaten up by a stranger who 'stole' his wallet. He certainly wasn't going to tell them that it was actually their father who had done this to him, he didn't want to have to frighten them with the truth, so he lied.

The four of them Billy, Nell, Helena and Johnny had been sat eating their dinner of cottage pie that Helena had managed to whip together quickly for a while now. Johnny had entertained the pair of the children by telling them stories about 'Pirates and the Caribbean' and talking in all his famous voices whenever Nell would think of a character she liked and asked him to play it out, which of course he did willingly. It was a lovely evening full of laughter and for that Helena was grateful to him again for making each of them smile at this trying time.

"Right you lot, I've got a chocolate sponge if anyone would like some" Helena suddenly remembered standing up and collecting their plate whereby Nell quickly looked at Johnny to do his Willy Wonka impression after hearing the word chocolate.

"Chocolate? Mmmm I like Chocolate" he said in his Willy Wonka voice that received a few giggles from both Nell and Billy.

"I'll take that as a yes from all of you then" Helena smirked stacking up the plates in her hand and leaving the room into the kitchen. Johnny smiled before getting up and taking some of the used cutlery and his own plate into his hands "I'll go help her" he said leaving the table to follow Helena into the kitchen that wasn't so far down the hall. As soon as he entered he walked up behind her and stacked the plates by the other dirty ones before pressing a sweet kiss to her temple as she cut the cake.

Shooting Johnny a smirk Helena enjoyed the few kisses that he pressed to her cheek and neck "What are we both doing" she giggled continuing to cut the cake as his hands traveled around her waist. Johnny smirked at her question before lifting her chin up to look at him so he could kiss her soft and inviting lips. "I don't know...Two friends fooling around?" receiving a shake of the head Helena reverted her eyes back to the cake. What they were doing was madness all so sudden, so unexpected. They were acting as if they had been doing this for years, it felt so natural, so comforting in a bizarre kind of way. Helena didn't want to fall in love she knew that, falling in love was not easy it was painful more than anything. But yet that still didn't stop her from allowing Johnny to hold and kiss her like he was. She kind of liked it.

"Right I'm going back in the other room" he finally said removing his hands from her waist and heading towards the door. "I'll be out in a sec"

——————————-

They were now all close to finishing their desert. Helena continued to smile sweetly at the way Johnny was getting on with her children. She really did adore him, she couldn't tell him that obviously as he might get the wrong idea but there certainly was a special place in her heart for him. He had always been there for her ever since they first met on their first movie together 'Corpse bride'. Although they were both in booths recording their voices for Tim's characters they still got on very well behind the scenes and managed to create a beautiful friendship between them that would last for year to come.

Johnny was a talented actor and she loved working beside him in any roles that they were fortunate to have together. She had spoken to Tim not to long ago when he had suggested making a vampire film with her and Johnny called 'Dark Shadows' of course she accepted this as she was sure it would be a great film to work on, not only that but she loved the script and knew it would have to be a wonderful movie if Tim was directing it.