Leave us alone

"He seems to be coming around" a woman's soft voice seemed to sound followed by a couple of beeps and muffled voices around him. His eyes felt heavy and droopy and his head seemed to be hammering away like he was sleeping on rocks. Johnny had no idea what was going on around him or where he was but the sooner he felt his eyes fully open he noticed a pair of relieved faces looking down at him. 

One seemed to be a lady dressed in all white properly a nurse of some sort and the other looked fairly familiar but still unrecognisable to him as his eyes were still coming accustomed to the harsh bright light of what must have been a hospital room.

"Johnny" he heard one of them say his name softly before he felt a small hand cover his. This he recognised this was very familiar. "Where....where am I?" his voice was uneasy and nervous and sounded gruff and low as he spoke. He didn't have a clue what was happening around him or why he seemed to be laying down on some sort of hospital bed with two faces staring down at him like he was an exhibit in a museum.

"My name is Rebecca and I have been your nurse over the last couple of days" he heard the woman dressed in white speak as she checked his pulse by gently squeezing his wrist. Few days? what the fuck was going on! "I don't...wha...I don't...."Johnny began rambling off uncomfortably before squinting his eyes and re-opening them again to which the nurses face seemed clearer. she was a middle-aged lady with a kind smile and eyes that seemed warm and friendly. 

"You had an accident Mr Depp, a car crash to be precise that has left you unconscious for three days" she began checking his heart with her stethoscope before continuing "you have a couple of broken ribs and a broken leg....you suffered a nasty blow to your head and have a couple of bruises over your body but other then that your quiet well....were just thankful that we got to you in time" with this she simply looked to the other lady beside her with a grateful smile.

Looking at the brunette beside her Johnny suddenly realised just who she was. "Hellie?" he whispered to which he saw her simply smile sweetly at him before taking his hand again in her own "I'm here"

Looking between the two famous actors nurse Rebecca excused herself politely "I'll leave you alone for a while" she said shutting the door to the private patient room Helena had gotten for him. As soon as she was told about Johnny's accident she hadn't hesitated to jump in her own car and drive as fast as she could to the scene of the accident. Seeing Johnny being pulled from his wrecked Mercedes by one of the men of the emergency team made Helena feel as if everything had slowed down and was being played out in slow motion in front of her very eyes. 

It was as if she was petrified or in shock, her eyes hadn't seem to blink as she stared at Johnny's motionless body covered in so much blood. Her feet were planted to the ground as she watched the emergency team lift Johnny into the ambulance. As soon as Mark had caught up with her at the scene in a car he had borrowed from someone at the party he was quick to turn her away for seeing such things and instead he imprisoned her tightly in his arms letting her cry loudly into his chest.

Helena had been in everyday since the accident to check on him, right now she felt nothing but relief that he was awake and alive for that matter. If she were honest she was frightened that they might have lost him. Johnny was in such a bad state when they found him at the scene of the accident, he had cuts and bruises all over his face where the glass of his windscreen had shattered and his body was unmoving, he hadn't woken up until now. For all she knew he could have died and if that were the case she would only have blamed herself for his death.

Johnny watched as Helena pulled up a chair beside where he was laying and now as she was so close to his side he felt the need to reach out and touch her just to cup her beautiful face in his hand so he could admire her. But he didn't, instead he simply looked down to their hands watching as Helena began stroking his knuckles with her thumb soothingly. "Do you remember any of it?" her question seemed to shake him. Now that the question was asked he did remember the crash not to well mind you as he was drunk but he did remember feeling almost depressed as he got into his car before driving off.