Chapter 2

RosalieP.O.V.

"What does Shield stand for Agent Ward?" Maria asked.

I was in her office as she was talking to agent ward who had been pulled out of his mission. My sunglasses were off and I was wearing my suit. I made my eyes brown for the mean time.

"Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division." Ward said.

"And what does that mean to you?" Maria asked.

"It means that someone really wanted our initials to spell 'S.H.I.E.L.D.'" he said.

Me and Maria stared at him waiting for him to continue.

"It means we're the line. Between world, and much weirder world. We protect people from news their not ready to hear. And when we can't do that,we keep them safe." He said.

"Something turns up like the Chitauria...neural link." Ward said taking something out of his jacket and showing it to Maria. He slid it across the table and Maria catches it.

"We get to it before someone bad does."

Maria gave me the small little piece and I put it inside a case and an agent to it away.

"Any idea who Vanchat was trying to cell it too?" Maria asked.

"I'm more interested in how this rising tide found out about it. I thought they were just hackers. What changed?" Ward said.

"Everything's changing." Maria said getting up out of her seat and walking over to Ward.

"A little while ago people went to bed thinking that the craziest thing in the world was a billionaire, flying a metal suit.

"The aliens invade New York and we're being backed by others,a giant green monster, a very handsome costume hero from the 40's, and a god." I said.

"I don't think Thor is technically a god." Ward said.

"Well, I have been near his arms." Maria said.

"The battle in New York was the end of the world. This, now is the new world. People are different. They have access to tech, formulas, secrets their not ready for." Maria said.

Ward leans forward on the table, hands folded in front of him.

"Why was I pulled out of Paris?" he asked.

"That you'll have to ask Agent Coulson." Maria said.

Ward looks towards me and I smirk shaking my head.

"Not this Coulson." I said.

"Ah, yeah." Ward looked back at Maria.

"I'm clearance level 6. I know that...Agent Coulson was killed in action. Before the attack in New York. Saw the whole report." Ward said.

I looked to the side as my dad came out of a dark corner, face serious.

"Welcome to level 7." dad said.

Ward gets up out of his seat, his eyes wide. My dad has a small grin in his face.

"Sorry..that corner was really dark, and I really couldn't help myself." he said.

I walked over to him and gave him a huge and he patted me on the back before pulling away and putting his hand on my cheek then putting it back to his side.

"I think there's a bulb out." he said looking behind him but then back at us.