Chapter 15

RosalieP.O.V.

I was in my room sitting on my looking out the window. Silas was laying on my pillow wiggling around.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

'Tickling myself.' Silas said.

"Ah." I said.

My eyebrows burrowed and I turned and looked at him.

"How are you-you don't have fingers." I said.

'Can't a snake dream!' he said.

I rolled my eyes and went back to looking at the window.

"Do you think she's still up there...my mom?" I asked.

'Possibly. But it's been a long time since you last saw her. Maybe she-'

"She what? That she's dead?" I asked.

'Maybe she can't reach you.'

I continue to stare outside as we fly through the clouds.

"I just wish she was here. With me, and dad. I could see her working at SHIELD being on our team or Being with Maria working at HQ. A smile on her face, her eyes like mine bright and full if happiness and life." I said.

I looked back at Silas and he looked at me.

"And I wouldn't be ashamed of who I am..what I am all because of her. Because I wouldn't be alone."

'But your not.'

"You know what I mean Silas."

"Change of course, briefing in 3." May said in the speaker.

"Come on Silas." I said.

He crawled up my leg and stopped and wrapped around my thigh. I walked out of my room and saw Fitzsimmons siting on the couch and asWard and Skye come in. I sit next to Fitz just as my dad comes in with a tablet in his hand.

"Two minutes ago a SHIELD transport was attacked while carrying a priority red protect asset off route 76 near Sterling." my dad said.

"Priority Red." Jemma said.

"The asset was Dr. Franklin Hal known for his work-"

"Oh no." Jemma said.

"Dr. Hal." Fitz said.

"Not Frank."

'Do you guys know him personally or something?' Silas asked.

"No. But we admire him and his love of science." Jemma said.

"And the attacker?" Ward asked.

"Invisible."my dad said.

"What." I said.

"Wait-invisible? Ha, cool." Skye said.

Ward gives her the serious look.

"But terrible." Skye said.

"How long until we get there?" I asked.

"We won't get there until tonight. But get ready." my dad said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STERLING,COLORADO

My dad was right. We did her there late it was night and if it wasn't for some of the lights other SHIELD agents put up I wouldn't have been able to see. As we arrived at the scene walking together I looked around. A big truck was totaled, and a car was stuck up in a tree. Damn, this 'thing' did a number here. I went away from the group and walked up to it. I put my hand out to touch it.

"Rosalie..."

I pulled my hand back and looked around. No one on the team called me. I put my hand on the car and everything went quite. I looked around and saw no one. No leaves blowing in the breeze.

"Rosalie..."

I looked at the broken car window and saw someone behind me.

"Mom?" I asked.

Shouting and the sound of lights bursting made me pull my hand away. I could hear the leaves and feel the wind blow on my cheek. I walked away from the car and looked for everyone else. When I got back to the group they were all together looking at something my dad had. I made my way to the front to get a closer look. It was a small ball, clear as metal was inside of it.

"What is that?" Skye asked.

"Something big." my dad said looking at all of us.