Chapter 36

In ancient times, people believed the heavens were filled with gods and monsters and magical worlds. Then, as time passed, those beliefs faded into myth and folklore. But now we know the stories were true. Other worlds, with names like Asgard, do exist. And beings once revered as gods, like Thor, have returned, leaving us with more questions and...

RosalieP.O.V.

GREENWICH UNIVERSITY
LONDON, ENGLAND

"An enormous mess to clean up." Jemma said.

After the very big battle between Thor and a crazy alien elf guy, we were sent to London to help clean up the mess that they had left behind.

And like Jemma said, it was an enormous mess. Taking more than just one day to clean up.

With my gloved hand I grab another piece of what I assumed was a piece of alien weaponry and throw it into my wheel barrel. I already had numerous of rocks all pulled up and it was ready to be dumped.

Ward put another rock in his, and we both dumped our barrels onto the blue cover on the floor, right in front of Fitz.

"Don't say we never gave you anything." Ward said.

"You'd think we wouldn't have to ever clean up after my fellow avengers. I wanna hunt Thor down, tie his ass up and bring him here to help us." I said.

I started to pick at my plastic gloves. Jemma looked up from her spot and at me when she heard the very loud pop I made.

"Rosalie, stop that! You've broken four pairs already today." Jemma said.

"I'm sorry mum," Jemma gave me a look and I grinned. "I'll try not to."

Fitz started scanning our piles with the machine in his hand, before picking up a piece of rock and then scanning that as well.

"Checking for alien spectrographic signatures one teeny rock at a time." Fitz said.

"Necessary precaution. We don't want anything alien getting in the wrong hands." Ward said.

"Still, this is definitely the type of work a monkey could easily do." Fitz says.

Ward leans on the side of his barrel.

"You're our little monkey."

"Yeah. But you guys are both my monkeys. Cute, little baby monkey Fitz," I went and bop Fitz on the nose, making him smile,"and ugly, big gorilla Ward." I clap Ward hard on the shoulder.

Ward turns his head and glares at me.

"Come on King Kong go ahead, don't be shy, bang your chest." I said.

Ward let goes of his barrel, sits up and takes a step closer towards me. I back up.

"You wanna do something Ward?"

I hit my chest, spreading my arms out wide.

"Come at me bro!"

A cellphone starts ringing, making me look at Jemma who was fishing her phone out of her pocket. One look at the caller ID she hung up. Before I could ask her who it was, I was put in a head lock by Ward. I hit his arm.

"Let me go! GORILLA GONE WILD! NEED BACK UP!" I said.

"Apologize, then I'll let you go." He said.

"I ain't gonna do it!"

I struggled in Ward's hold before. a There's only one sane thing to do in a crisis like this. I pulled up his jacket sleeve and gave a long lick on his arm, making him let go of me almost immediately.

I ran over to Fitz and when my feet hit the blue cover I raised my hands in the air.

"Safe!" I said.

Ward rolled his eyes, wiping off his arm. Jemma phone rings again and I look over at her as she declines the call and puts her phone back down. Fitz gives her a look.

"Don't give me that look, I'll talk to them when I want to talk to them." Jemma said.

"Talk to who?" Ward asked, picking up his barrel.

"Mom and Dad. They want explanations and answers for...well, all this. But I don't have any answers. And, more importantly, I haven't talked to them since I was ill. And if they knew that they'd be even more terrified. So you know..."

Jemma's phone rings again and she declines it, before putting it back in her pocket.

"...Why waste any of our time, really?"

"Whatever you say Jem." I say.

"Talking about family, how's your mother Rosalie?" Jemma asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Fine, I guess. We haven't really talked in a while." I said.

"Oh yeah, you guys got into a fight." Ward said.

"I'm sure you two will get past that. At least you found a way to bring her back to life." Jemma said.

"Wait--"

"Is this Aiden guy really gonna bring her back? Scientifically speaking, that's impossible." Fitz said cutting me off.

"Whoah--wait, hold up! I never told you guys about that stuff! Who told guys about this?" I asked.

The three of them all looked at each other.

"Skye." They all said together.

"Skye told you guys?" I asked.

But I never really told her about Aiden. Not even my Dad knows.

"Um, ah, no. We mean Silas--I'm sorry, I couldn't just let Skye take the blame for him." Fitz says looking from Jemma, Ward then me.

"That mouthy little snake! That's why he wanted to stay on the bus! When we get back, I'm gonna give him hell!" I said.

"Alright. But, don't tell him it was us please...he said we would pay."

I chuckled at Fitz's scared expression.

"You guys are afraid of Silas." I said.

"Mostly it's just Fitz." Jemma said.

"Don't know why. What can he do to us anyway?" Ward asked.

"You guys shouldn't underestimate Silas. Yeah he's small, but he can cause hell if he wants to. Especially if he has enough sugar in his system." I say.

"He's your pet. Tame him."

"First of all Grant he isn't my pet, he's my companion. Second, don't you think I try to half of the time?"

Ward shook his head, picking up his wheel barrel and started to collect more rocks. Fitz presumed what he was doing before.

He picked up a black piece of metal, scans it and immediately the machine in his hand starts beeping.

"Fitz, is that a--"

"Definitely not from here. Another piece of the ship." Fitz said.

Me and Jemma move close to him to take a look. Ward dropped his barrel and came over to us taking the piece out of Fitz's hand.

"What are you doing?" Fitz asked as Ward sprayed the piece.

"Out of sight..." Ward said.

He put the piece inside a black case, closing it, and clicking it shut.

"...Out of mind."

Ward looked at Jemma and she nods her head before going back to her spot at the table. Fitz looks from Ward, to Jemma and back to Ward. He's face unreadable. I

"That's why we're here. Keep everything under control." Ward said.

Sorry guys for not updating in a very long time. With school over, finishing regents, finally over for me, I am getting out of my writers block for this book.

Also I've been doing a lot of planing for this book series as well since the end of season 2 of AOS and Age of Ultron. Hopefully this summer I'll complete this book and be able to start the next one.