Chapter 20

REPUBLIC OF MALTA

RosalieP.O.V.

Skye left so she could get change before her taxi came to get her. I was sat down on the ground of the living. I had my spell book out and was seeing if there was a way that I could communicate with my mom.

So far I haven't found anything. With a sigh I shrunk the book and put it back into my boot. I put my head in my hands and groaned.

"What's the matter with you?"

I looked up and saw Ward. He was suited up and ready to go.

"I was trying to find a way to contact my mother...not much luck. She could be in trouble." I said.

"How did you contact her before?" he asked.

"When we were in Colorado, I touched one of the flipped cars. I saw her in the windshield." I said.

"And that's the only time you've seen her?"

"Yep. Ward can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why do you care?"

"I don't...but you do. I'm just trying to help." he said.

"Because that's what people like you do?" I ask.

"No. Because...thats what friends do. Even if their friend is really annoying."

"Aw, your sweet." I said patting his leg.

Ward shook his head and went to leave.

"Stay out of this one, Rosalie. I'll make sure Skye and your dad are safe. Your mother might need you." Ward said.

"I don't understand. How am I suppose to contact her?" I asked.

"You saw her in the windshield. You could also see your reflection. So look in a mirror."

Ward went down the steps as I got up from the floor.

"Thanks best friend!" I yelled.

"I'm not your best friend!" he yelled back.

"Yeah you are!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I swear this better work or I'll kick Wards ass." I said.

My dad and Ward left. May and Fitz-Simmons were in the meeting room helping Skye through her ear piece. I was in the bathroom. I was looking down at the sink before looking up in the mirror. Nothing. I didn't see my mom. I sighed looking at myself in the mirror.

"Mom...I miss you. You've been gone for so long. Let me know that your still here, by my side." I said.

I rest my head against the mirror and close my eyes. Suddenly everything went cold. The light in the bathroom dimmed.

"I am, and I never left."

I lift my head up and opened my eyes. Turning around my mom stood behind me.

"Mom." I said.

"Hello sweetheart." She said with a smile.

I put my hand out to touch her but it went right through her. 'She's not really here' I had to remind myself. I put my hand down back to my side.

"Are you okay? Has Thanos hurt you?" I asked.

"I'm alright. No, he hasn't. Not in a while anyway." she said looking down at the floor.

"It is so good to see you..how is this happening."

"Everything is changing. Things are different. I can't visit you like I could befor. I don't know why."

"Mom, I have more questions that I have to ask you." I said.

She raised her head and gave me a smile.

"I know. Let's talk out here."

My mom opened the door of the bathroom and stepped outside. I followed after her and looked around. We were still on the bus. But it felt like a ghost town in here. My mom sat down on the couch in the living room and I sat down next to her.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Still on the plane. Your still on the plane but your mind is here with me." Mom said.

"And what is here? We're not exactly in space." I said.

"This place. It's just..here. A place were lost souls come to when they want to visit their loved ones. Between your world and ours. If you look outside the plane it would be nothing but white. Blank."

"How do you move around?"

"Walk out any regular door. Any exit. If I walked out I could go back to the other. Or I could just go to where ever you and your father are."

"Have you met anyone else here?"

"Thanos likes to keep me away from others."

"So your alone."

"Yes."

I stood up from the couch seat.

"This isn't right. You shouldn't have to be here by yourself!" I said.

"It's fine sweetheart."

"No it's not!"

My mom stood up from the couch.

"You must lower your voice. If Thanos knows that your here..he'll do the same thing to you he did to me when you were a child."

My mom started to cry.

"I don't want that for you." She said.

"And I don't want you to be alone here much longer. You should be with me and Dad. Kicking ass side by side." I said.

My mom gave me a sad smile. She sat down back on the couch.

"There is nothing more that I would rather want. But it can't happen." She said.

"I could bring you back." I said.

"Sweetheart you can't."

"I could try. I would do anything to have you back. Even if I had to give up my own life."

Suddenly I started to feel sick. I put my hand over my mouth as I felt like I was going to hurl.

"Oh god..." I muffled in my hand

"You've been here to long. You have to go back."

"I don't want to leave you."

"I know. But you have too."

I started walking back to the bathroom. As I got to the door I turned back and saw my mom right behind me.

"I find a way to bring you back. I will." I said.

I opened the door and closed it. I rest my head against the mirror again and closed my eyes.

There was a knock on the door.