Chatpter 17

Chapter Dedicated to Raluk2907 for making my new book cover.

RosalieP.O.V.

We went back to the bus and brought the gold with us. Me and dad were in the lab with Fitzsimmons. Jemma had each bar spread out and was scanning them.

"It looks like this because it's a dore bar. It means it was made at the mine rather than in a refinery. It's only about 92% pure. The cowboy got cheated a bit." Jemma said.

"Can you determine the mine based in the impurities?" Dad asked.

"Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah. We've done that already." Fitz said sitting down at the computer. I teleported behind him and looked at the screen over his shoulder.

"It's from the Dacey mine in Tanzania,"

"Hm."

"Which is owned by-"

"Quinn Worldwide." I said reading the screen.

"I'm sure you studied the CEO in your chemical engineering classes. Or saw him on the cover of Forbes..Ian Quinn." dad said.

"I was going to read that. But then I saw his face and threw it on the floor." I said.

'I ripped to shreds!'

"Yep."

'Rosy set it on fire.'

"Burned to ash."

"You guys are...I don't know what to call the two of you." Dad said.

"How bout-"

"Not MegaSuperAwesomeHot. Theirs no way I'm saying that." My dad said before leaving.

'Dammit!' Silas said.

"So that thing you guys found at the site, what's it made of, or out of?" I asked.

Skye came down the stair with a big binder. Really big. She sat down next to me, flipping the book open before paying her attention to Fitz.

Fitz went up to the screen and taps it's and a picture of the little thing pops up like a blue print, with it moving around and turning everyone and awhile. He turned around and got his serious science face on putting his hands on his hips.

"Gravitonium. It's an extremely rare high-atomic numbered element."

"That powers the device. It's so extremely rare that most people didn't believe it existed, much less the theory that an isolated positive charge-" Jemma said.

"Would turn the flow from isotropic-"

"Guys, high school dropout here." Skye said.

"Yeah, even I didn't know what you are saying." I said.

"How does the device work again?" Skye asked.

"Well, Gravitonium distorts gravity fields within itself, causing an undulating, amorphous shape." Jemma said.

"Which causes these, um..."

Fitz was pointing at the Screen.

"Wiggly bits here, but when an electric current is applied, the Gravitonium solidifies. And those gravity fields erupt, randomly changing the rules of gravity around it."

Wow. I started to spin around in my chair as Fitz continued to talk. I had to find a way to contact my mom. But how? All I did was touch a car stuck up in a tree and I saw her.

"Guess which genius published every theory about Gravitonium and possible applications...years ago?"

"Dr. Franklin Hall." Skye said.

"Correct." Fitzsimmons said.

"And Dr. Hall attended the University of Cambridge at the same time as Ian Quinn." Fitz said.

"Coulson may be off on this. Quinn is a notorious good guy. His charity endowment's something like $8 billion."

"Um, yeah. From using money from taking the earth of its resource." I said.

Fitzsimmons looked at me.

"I do research!" I said.

"Looks like he's dug up another." Jemma said.