Chapter 42

RosalieP.O.V.

"Why is it that Ward, May, even Aiden got to help pick up Vanchat but I couldn't?"

It's been 36 hours since my dad has been taken by Centipede and this flower dress woman name Raina. Once we got on the bus Skye had filled me in and brought Silas with her like I asked her too. And while everyone else got to do their part. Fitz-Simmons with their drones, Skye hacking the elevator, Ward and May being badass agents--not that I'm not a badass agent. I'm an Avenger and Phil Coulson is my dad for Christ sake--I wasn't allowed to help with anything. Just stay on the bus.

All because of freaking Agent Victoria Hand.

My arms were crossed over my chest while my chest heaved in anger. Silas was wrapped around my neck, nuzzling his head against my chin. It was his way of showing his affection. But right now he was trying to calm me down.

"Agent Hand should've let you go." Skye says.

"I know! There's a woman in a flower dress that has my father, I want him back. And all I can do is watch random Agents come in and out of our already crowed as hell plane." I say grumpily.

Skye nods her head, typing away at her laptop. I tilt my head and look at her with curiosity.

"Sis, whatcha up too?" I asked.

"Hacking. Or at least trying and failing. Which is a first for me. Stupid bracelet, it's really staring to piss me off." Skye huffs.

Suddenly the laptop beeped and Skye throws her head back and groaned. I lean over and saw that the SHIELD log was on her screen with LOCKDOWN on it.

"Huh. You think anybody will notice?" I asked.

Suddenly the door to Skye's bunk was open and Victor Hand was starring down at us. May, Aiden and Ward behind her.

'Oh no, not at all.' Silas says.

"Just in time. Can you override this?" Skye asked holding up her arm, flashing her bracelet.

"What are you doing?" Victoria asks.

"The money trail's our key to finding Coulson. I just need to get access to Vanchat financials, and from there, I should be able to trace centipedes payments and then hack into their account." Skye explains.

"You're the consultant--the one who shot Agent Sitwell."

"Technically, that wasn't me--"

"I want you off this plane immediately."

Agent Hand turns around and walks away. Oh hell no.

"What?" I asked in shock standing up and quickly following after the woman. Skye comes up and walks beside me while May and Ward stay behind us.

"Wait. I know I'm not some badass field Agent like May and Ward, but this is what I do. You can't just kick me off this mission." Skye said.

"No--she isn't going to kick you off of anything. I want her to try too." I say.

"No need to get hostile, Coulson." Agent Hand said.

"That's my sister your talking about. I tend to get hostile when it comes to family."

"She's your sister?" Aiden asked in confusion.