Chapter 16

RosalieP.O.V.

After finding that thing at the crime scene we all went back to the plane. I didn't know we were there until I found myself standing in the middle of the lounging room. I sat down on the couch and starred off into space.

Was that really my mom? Was Silas right? Was she still alive but she couldn't reach me until now?

"Rosalie, let's go!" Dad yelled from down stairs.

I got up and teleported down stairs and ended up in the lab. I was going to leave when Skye stopped me.

"Hey Rosalie! So funny thing, Ward said their wasn't a truth serum."

"Really?" I asked.

I started walking backwards out of the lab.

"That's interesting."

"That's what your dad said-"

"Got to go bye!" I said.

I rushed to my dad car and jumped into the passenger seat.

"Don't jump into Lola." he said.

I rolled my eyes as I put on my seat belt. Ward hopped in the back and we drove out of the plane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BARNROOF, COLORADO

Me and my dad were leaned against Lola's hood as we waited at the end of a trail. We had our sunglasses on. Silas was wrapped up on my wrist. It was quite.

"Pretty hot out here." Dad said.

I nod my head.

"Okay, why aren't you saying anything?" Dad asked.

"I just don't feel like talking."

"You not wanting to talk? Who are you and what have you done to my daughter?" he asked.

I cracked a smile and my dad did the same.

"What's the matter?"

I was about to reply when the sound of a horse come from in front of us. A man with a cowboy hat, and a shot gun at his side came from the corner.

"Excuse me!" Dad said.

They guy slowed down on his horse and stopped.

"The hell are you two?" the guy asked.

"Concerned citizens. That happen to be members of a giant bureaucratic organization, that's tracking your every move." Dad said.

"I haven't done anything wrong." The guy said.

'Bull.Shit.' Silas said.

"Of course not. But, you sold your excavator to people who did. And your hiding out here until things cool down because you know it." I said.

We took off our glasses.

"We just want to know who payed you." Dad said.

The gut hesitated, looking my dad up and down before taking out his shot gun. I got up from the car, my eyes narrowed as he pointed it at us.

"They payed me enough not to answer questions like that." He said.

Ward come out of his hiding spot and grabbed the guy off the horse. Me and my dad walked next to him as he took the shot gun and pointed at the guy.

"Feels like the old west." Ward said looking at us.

"They gave me money for my equipment that's all! I never saw a face, I never saw a name."

"How did you get the money?" I asked.

"Did they write you a check?"

The man pointed towards the bag on the horse. I grabbed it and shook it. Gold bricks fell out and my eyes widened.

'God damn!' Silas said.

"They payed you in gold!" dad said.

"Now it really feels like the old west." Ward said.

Sorry I haven't update in a while. Schools going to be over for me soon so I should be updating this book faster!