Chapter 28

RosalieP.O.V.

Me and Ward stood at each side of Skye. We moved up into my dad's office. And he wasn't smiling as he looked at Skye from his desk.

"The Rising Tide is a huge organization of hacktivists from all around the world. Any of them could have done it. It wasn't me." Skye said.

"No one's saying it was." Ward said.

"But you're thinking it, I can see you faces thinking it." Skye said looking from Ward, me, and my dad.

'That is true.' Silas said from around my neck.

"We're assessing the situation." dad said.

"Then I'm sure you're taking into account that I have been living on a plane with you this whole time. It would be impossible for me to hack SHILED." Skye said.

"Or easier. We're gonna need more than that." Dad said.

"Fine. Let me trace the hack, and I'll prove it."

Dad leans up on his desk, folding his hands together in front of him.

"I believe her, sir. And if she's telling the truth, we need to track down the person responsible." Ward says.

"I believe her too. I know Skye wouldn't do it." I said.

Dad rises from his seat.

"Dig up something, and fast. The longer Mr. Chan's missing, the more danger he's in." Dad says.

Skye nods her head before her, me and Ward exit the room. Ward goes down the stairs first and I go next, but Skye grabs my arm.

"Thanks, you guys had my back." Skye said.

"I know you wouldn't do something like that...but a small part of me did suspect you." I told her.

I sling my arm over her shoulder.

"But it's a small part. Now, come on. You got a hacker to find."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We go back to the meeting room. Skye gets to work on a small tablet as a map of our country it on the table screen. Me, Fitz-Simmons, and May watch her.

"How close are we?" Dad ask walking into the room.

"Almost there." Skye says.

"She's identified the remote-access Trojan and the infected endpoint..." Fitz says.

"And is searching for ATCP to correlate the hypertext with signature information and then..." Jemma said.

"Bob is your uncle."

"...Voilà."

Fit-Simmons say at the same time.

"Yeah...whatever they said." I said.

"You get any of that?" dad asked Ward.

"Only the uncle part." Ward says.

There's a ding sound.

"We got our origin--Austin, Texas." Skye says.

"You got a name?" Dad asked.

"Just the café our hacker worked out of, but I'm in the system. I'm gonna check to see if any credit-card charges from that day match up with any known hackers."

"We got a hit." Skye says after a moment.

A picture of a man with short brown hair and beard pops up.

"Miles Lydon, not Skye--that's to all our relief." Fitz says.

"You know him?" Dad asks.

"Every hacker in the world knows him." Skye says.