Chapter 35

RosalieP.O.V.

Once Steve opened the door to his apartment I ran into his room, and fell onto his bed. The bed dipped down as Steve laid down next to me. I turned on my side facing the other way, staring at the night stand in front of me.

"Rose?" Steve whispered softly. I didn't answer him.

Strong arms wrapped around my waist, and pulled me back into a hard, warm chest. Steve rest his chin on top of my shoulder.

"Rose, I'm sorry. And I'll understand if you're upset with me."

"Steve I don't want to talk about it right now." I said.

"I know. But I can't go to sleep knowing that you're angry."

"I'm not angry. Not as angry as I was before. I'm tired. Can we just go to sleep please?"

"Okay. Goodnight."

Steve placed a kiss on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.

~~~~~~~~

When I woke up the next morning I slipped out of Steve's arms and walked down to Aiden's apartment. I knocked on the door. Natasha opened it.

"Hey." She said. She closed the door once I stepped inside.

"Morning Nat, how is he?" I asked.

She sighed.

"He's being distance. He refused to go to sleep. So, I made him go to sleep. He was out cold for an hour, maybe two, before he went back to being like this."

Natasha looked down the hall and I followed her gaze. Aiden sat on the couch in the living room. Shoulders slumped, head down, eyes looking at the floor.

"Have you gotten anything from him about what happened?" I asked.

"Nothing. Last night though, he was whining as he woke up from his 'nap', wanting to apologise to you." She says.

"Why?"

"Well...if you ask me I'd say that Aiden probably started the fight. Just like Steve said."

I guess I'm gonna find out now. I sighed before giving Natasha a small smile.

"Thanks Nat. I'm gonna go talk to him."

"I'll leave you to it."

She leaves, going out through the door. Silence filled the room, until there was a hiss. Silas crawled up my leg, arm, and wrapped himself around my neck.

'You left me back here with a psycho!' Silas yells.

"Sorry, bud." I said.

'Auh huh, whatever.'

I rolled my eyes before making my way towards Aiden. I stood in front of him.

"Hey, Aiden."

He inhales before looking up at me. His eyes are watery. A tear goes down his cheek.

"Rosalie..."

I get on my knees and wipe the tear away.

"I need to know Aiden. Did you start the fight?"

"Yes. I'm sorry. I-I was angry, wasn't thinking straight. When I had left my apartment Steve came back. Once I was outside he was talking but I tuned everything out. Then it all went black from there. I had only snapped out of it when I heard you screaming to stop. And I was in a choke hold."

"Who made the dent and the broken windshield?"

"Me. I-I think I picked Steve up and threw him onto the car."

Aiden put his head in his hands.

"Here I was wanting to help you out, try to be somewhat of a good friend. But, then in the end I attacked Steve. All because I was jealous that you loved him. And not me. I just hope that you can forgive me."

"I do. But if that ever happens again, I don't think I will."

"And If you'd still let me, I'd like to help you get your mom back."

"I still do."

I stand up, giving him a pat on the shoulder. I make my way to the door. My bag laying next to the door on the floor.

"And Rosalie, don't be mad at Steve. It's my fault. Not his. He was just protecting himself."

I grabbed my bag off the floor where I had left it. I turn my head back and look at Aiden.

"Get some rest, I'll contact you when I'm ready to do the spell." I say.

"Goodbye."

"Bye Aiden."

When the door is shut I lean against it. I hear movement from the side of me and turn my head to see Steve.

"You weren't in bed. Nat stopped by and told me you were talking with Aiden,"

Steve pause, looking at the door I was leaning against.

"Did he talk?" He asked.

"Yep." I say.

"Are you still...upset?"

"If you think I'm still upset--mad at you Steve, I'm not. Aiden blames the whole thing on himself. He doesn't want me to be mad at you. Plus,"

I walk up to him putting my hand onto his cheek.

"I don't think I can ever stay mad at you for long."

Steve leans his head down and rests his forehead against mine. We look each other in the eyes.

"I have to go." I say.

"I know. I'll keep an eye out on the kid. Make sure he stays sane."

"Steve, Aiden might be fine. But there is something wrong with his mind. I know that you guys go to HQ together, but just incase keep your distance from him, okay?"

We pull away and Steve nods his head.

"Yes ma'am."

~~~~~~~~~

"HELLO CHILDREN! MAMA'S HOME!"

I had popped back onto the bus, inside the Lab. Fitz-Simmons were there already, and both rushed over to me and pulled me into a group hug.

"You're back!"

"Yes, and good to be back. Now, can you guys let me go 'cause you're crushing me."

The quickly let go and said sorry. I placed my bag on top of the table that was in front of us, before hopping up and sitting on it. I took Silas off my neck. He starts twisting around my fingers.

"So, tell me. What have you guys been up to while I was away?"

Fitz and Jemma both looked at each other. A wide smile spread across Jemma's. She looks at me and in one breath said,

"I shot a superior officer in the chest!"

Silas stopped what he was doing, jaw dropped. His tongue flipping out as well. My smile went down and my eyes widen in shock. I looked at Fitz and he nods his head.

"Oh, wow."

"I know." Fitz said.

Jemma is still smiling. I smiled.

"Well, I'm glad you had fun."