Chapter 24

RosalieP.O.V.

"What do you mean? There-there's another person like me here?" I asked.

Fury nods his head. I ran my hands through my hair and shook my head. I started to pace around the office as Fury watched me.

I wasn't the only one. There's someone else.

"But I don't--I--my mother, she told me that our people were all gone." I said.

"That was only half of the truth." Nick said.

He grabbed the book off the desk as he made his way to the door and walked out and began walking down the hall.

I teleport out of the room and walked faster to get up to him, since I was a little far behind. Once I got to him I grabbed his arm.

"You know something." I said.

"When SHIELD first apprehended your mother, she was just the same way. Except, she was only wiling to talk to your father. She told us that she was one of the few who escaped from her masters and made refuge here on earth."

"So there were others who were slaves to Thanos." I said.

"Your mother was the only one, that's what she told us. She said that others on her planet were either killed, opened a portal to somewhere else in the universe, or were sold in a slave market."

"So there could be more of them out there." I said.

"Possibly." Fury said. 

We made it to the elevator and Fury pressed a button as we started going down.  I looked down at the book. I saw that it had a big golden rose on the front.

"What is that?" I asked

"They had it clutched to their chest when we found them. I haven't looked through it yet, though." Fury said.

"Why not?" 

"Because every time I try to open it I get hit by a purple light. Do you know how many damn times I got my ass blasted to the ground by this thing?"

"I'm gonna guess many."

When the doors open we stepped out. From how dark the halls were I could tell we were on the bottom floor. We walked along in silence until we made it to two gray double doors. Fury handed me the book. I traced the rose.

"Alright, here we are. He's inside, we him sedated." Fury said.

"Him? You Know your about to send me in there with someone like me who you said was crazy!" I said.

"He should be asleep."

"Should be?!" 

Nick opened the door pushed me inside.

"Good luck."

I turned around in time as the door closed and locked. I saw a flash of something go pass me and I froze. Asleep my ass. I am not about to die because of Fury. I took the time to look around and saw that the room was really dark, the only light coming from a lamp from the night stand next to a bed. Which was neatly made. I walked out into the middle of the room, the book held tightly to my chest.  I felt eyes on me but didn't see anyone in the dark.

"Um, hello?"I asked.

'Well looks like no ones home, lets get the hell out of here!' Silas said.

As I turned around and get tackled. The book falls out of my hands as my back hits the ground. My arms get pinned above my head as I look into the eyes of my attacker. Bright violet orbs stare back at me, filled with surprise and confusion. 

"Rosalie? Rosalie Coulson?"

I get a good look at his face and I gotta say, he wasn't that bad looking. Short brown hair and lightly tanned skin.

"That's me."I said.

A smile grace his face as he let go of my arms. But he didn't get off of me. He just laid his head down on my chest and wrapped his arms around me and sighs happily. I just rub his back as I smile nervously.

"Okay...this is weird." I said.

Suddenly he lifts up his head and blushes, unwrapping his arms around me and pushing himself up. I sit up on my elbows as he holds out his hand which I take and he helps me up. 

"Thanks." I said.

"It's a real pleasure to finally meet you-I mean of course it is-your Rosalie Coulson-Human half breed. A very pretty-beautiful one at that. I'm sorry-I'm just gonna stop talking." he said, blushing again. 

"Aw, your not insane, just sweet." I said and laugh when his face got redder.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Aiden Veil. And I have been waiting a long time to see you."