Chapter 33

RosalieP.O.V.

With Silas wrapped around my neck I made my way to my dad's office. I walked in, quickly hiding to the side. Unseen. He was having a conversation with Agent Blake on the Screen.

"Coulson, nice to see you're not dead." Agent Blake said.

"Did you get our analysis of the virus?" Dad asked.

"We did, and SHIELD has no record of anything like it. No one does. We even checked your dead wife's file. So it's imperative it reaches the Sand box without incident. In case of a pandemic, we're going to need it."

"I'm aware of that, but I don't need more orders or ultimatums. I need answers."

"I wish I had some for you. I'm sorry Coulson-- I've been ordered to inform you that if you have infected cargo, you need to dump it."

My dad went silent.

"Do you copy me, Coulson? These orders are coming from up top."

Dad starts to press some things on the tablet next to him. May walks in the room, looks at me from my hiding place, then at my dad.

"I'm sorry--bad connection. Didn't get that last part."

The screen went black and May walked in front of my Dad. He looked at her and May tilted her head.

"Don't even think it." Dad said.

"I don't have too. That's your job." May said.

"I know you're there Rosalie." Dad said after a moment.

I stepped out of my hiding place and walked over to my Dad.

"I talked to mom. It's true, she didn't know about the virus. And she doesn't know a cure." I said.

I looked down at the ground.

"I've failed Jemma. I failed her. I saw how she was, I had visions days ago. And I said nothing. I should have."

A hand is placed on my shoulder, making me look up. My dad gave a small smile.

"Jemma is going to be okay. She'll find a cure." He said.

I nod my head. May leaves and I do to. I made my way downstairs to the lab and stopped, leaning over the railing. Fitz was still outside the door, watching Jemma and sometimes glancing at his watch. As Jemma turns to get something a wrench that was floating in the air, cracked with electricity, dropping to the ground in front of her.

Jemma jumps. A sigh comes for her as she grabs what she needed.

"It's alright. Everything's going to be fine." Fitz said. Once again glancing down at his wrist.

"Please stop saying that. I see you looking at your watch." Jemma says.

Fitz puts his arm down. Jemma continues with what she's doing.

"Are you sure you don't need my help just to-"

Jemma stops and looks at Fitz. She grabs the small device Fitz made for the cure.

"Are you sure this thing even works?" Jemma asked.

"Yeah, well, you know it does. My device isn't the issue--it's the vaccine."

"Anti-serum! And all I'm wondering is whether you calibrated it correctly."

"Hey, it's not the device. Hey, don't put this on me. I was doing just fine, tucked away in a safe, indoor, non-mobile lab at the academy!"