Chapter 29

RosalieP.O.V.

I sat on the roof of the apartment building. My feet dangling over the edge. My body covered in flames. Silas sat next to me, looking over at me every once and awhile. I could tell he was worried. My thoughts were everywhere.

Skye, I protected her.

I trusted her.

We all did.

But me the most.

How could she betray us?

"How could she?" I asked softly.

I felt hotter as my flames got bigger and Silas backed away a little.

'Calm down, Rosy. You don't want to blow the whole building up.'

"I'm not going too!" I snapped.

Silas jumped. I looked at him and sighed.

"I'm sorry Silas. I'm not going too, I got myself under control. I'm just..." I said.

I held out my hands in front of me, watching as the fire vanished from my legs, chest, until it was only my hands that were on fire. I took a deep breath as I made my hands into fist and the flames went away.

'I understand.'

I looked down once I heard a chair door shut. My dad and the team just got here getting some stuff out of the SHIELD truck and heading inside the apartment. There was no smile on any of their faces.

'You wanna go back inside?' Silas asks.

"Not yet. Just give me a sec." I say.

Silas wrapped himself around my wrist. I looked up at the sky and take a deep breath.

"Okay."

I slid off the roof and teleported back into the apartment. I ended up back in the living room. Ward was with Fitz-Simmons at Lydons computer. May was by the bed room door were Lydon was and Skye sat on the couch. My dad was in front of her. Looking through a file. I was behind him leaning against the wall. May stepped inside the room and closed the door.

"I know how this looks-"

My dad help up a finger towards Skye making her go quite. She looks at me before looking at the ground.

"How long have you two been in contact?" Dad asked after he finished looking at the file.

"I contacted him once the day I joined to tell him I was okay and once earlier today." Skye said.

"When you tipped off an active suspect?"

"No, it's not like that. Miles and I--we met when we were both a little screwed up. Scratch that--he was a little screwed up, I was a lot. But we looked after one another. That's why I warned him, not because we're working together on this, but because we're...friends."

I couldn't help but scoff. Skye looked back up and I turned my head away.

"I'm really sorry." Skye said towards me and my dad.

"Noted. If not you, then who is Mr. Lydon working with?" dad asked.

"No one. He's an idealist, believes in freedom of information."

"That information cost a man his freedom, and you sabotaged our attempts to remedy that."

"No, I came here to find out what Miles knows about Chan."

"And?"

"Nothing. Miles is a dead end. He's harmless."

"We'll see."