Chapter 19

RosalieP.O.V.

I woke up in my room. I sat up and looked around confused. I didn't remember walking to my room. I remember passing out on the floor, but that's it. So who brought me here?

"Look who's up."

I turned my head towards the door and saw Ward. He had his arms folded on his chest.

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"You probably sleepwalked or something." Ward said with a shrug.

His eyes went down to my wrist were Silas was wide awake.

"We're about to go over the plan. Would you like to join us?" Ward asked.

"Oh no, I wouldn't." I said sarcastically.

I got up from my bed and walked pass Ward. I lifted my wrist and looked closely at Silas.

"You know who brought me into my room, now spill." I whispered.

'Not gonna happen.' Silas said.

I rolled my eyes as I made it into the meeting room. Everyone started to come in. My dad was the last one to come in, taping his tablet.

"Skye will walk in the front door. a The only external access point to Quinn's underground facility is from a beach cove. A two man extraction team could slip in there, but it's bot easy-Fitz-Simmons." Dad said.

"The perimeter is surrounded by a 20 ft high neodymium laser grid. Touch it and your toast." Fitz said.

"Dead toast." Dad said.

Jeez.

"The only way to disable the grid is to crack the system and trigger a reboot. This would give the team 3 seconds to cross. Of course, Quinn's too smart to allow any wireless access on his property." Dad said.

"That's were I come in." Skye says.

"Yes, working compact--holding up under x-Ray." Jemma said.

Fitz pulls out a round blush container. He passes it to me and I hold it, waving my hands around like those girls on TV. Fitz lifts up the lid which has a mirror.

"Desert Rose to match your complexion. But-oh, what's this?" Fitz says.

Red lights go up on one side of the mirror then disappears, green lights showing on the other side. I cover my mouth in fake shock and Skye grins.

"A read out, okay. Turns green if you're in close enough proximity to a computer to gain wireless access."

"When it does you just drop this nearby and walkout. We'll do the rest, easy as pie." Jemma says.

Ward takes out his gun.

"Or it will be if you stick to the plan." Ward said clicking his gun.

"Got it. Plan, Green, Drop, Walkout...pie." Skye said.

I give the blush back to Fitz and give Skye a thumbs up before following my dad. But then May stops us.

"I don't want to question your orders, sir." May says.

"Good." Dad says back. We walk around her. Only for us to stop again.

"But I've already seen far more combat then I bargained for. This two-man extraction team? It's exactly the kind of action I was hopping to avoid." May said.

"That's why your not on it."

"Specialist work if different from field work, believe me. When was the last time you-"

"Hall's one of ours, and he's in trouble. I need 2 men to get him out. Ward makes 1. So that's why I'm going. You forget--I saw plenty of action with the Avengers."

Dad leaves and I stay with Mat.

"And you died." May said.

I sighed as my dad was telling everyone to suit up. I teleported in front of him before he could leave the room.

"You know I'm coming with you, right?" I asked.

"You know there's only a two-man team going, right?" Dad asked.

"Screw that! You think I'm going to just let you go alone?"

"Wards coming with me."

"And? If you haven't notice but everyday since you came back to life I was always by your side. Where you go I go. I'm coming."

"There's no way of getting up to change your mind is there?"

"Hell no."

"Fine. Suit up."

I nod my head and walk out of the room. I go back in my room and put Silas on my bed.

"Your going to stay here." I said.

'Ah, come on Rosy!' Silas said.

"Ah, no. Next time buddy."

I closed my bunk door. I snapped my fingers and a purple glow went over me. I changed into my suit and grabbed my rod, making it it grow longer

"Oh baby, I missed you!" I said.

I hear footsteps behind me and saw Skye.

"Nice. Can I-"

"MY BABY!!!" I yelled. Skye raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry, I get a little protective." I said.

"I can see that." she said.

I made my rod shrink before putting it away.

"Skye, I just wanna say before Malta-"

"I know don't screw up the plan." she said.

"No. Well yeah, but no. I wanted to say..be safe."

She smiled.

"Okay, sis."

"Sis?" I asked.

"Yeah. Your kinda like the sister I've never had." she said.

I put my arm over her shoulder.

"Right back at ya, sis." I said.