Chapter 31

RosalieP.O.V.

"Explain to me why we had to bring the dead guy with us again?" I asked.

We all came back to the plane. I was with Jemma in the lab, with a dead Adam Cross laying on the table. Fitz was on the other side of the double doors in the cargo room. Silas was asleep wrapped around my arm.

"Because, I have to examine the body closely. And I also need to take a full scan of his brain." Jemma said.

"But he smells, Jem. What if it spreads? He's going to stink up the whole plane!" I whined.

"I'm with her!" Fitz said from the other side.

"Oh, grow up the two of you" Jemma said.

I walked around the lab picking up random things and playing with them. Only for Jemma to tell me to put them down. I came up behind her as she was looking down at the tablet in her hands. I watched her carefully. I blinked I saw sick Jemma, before blinking again and seeing healthy Jemma. I put my head on her shoulder with a sigh.

"Is something bothering you Rosalie?" Jemma asked.

"Aside from the smell of decaying flesh filling my nostrils? Yes." I say.

"What is it? You can talk to me."

"And me. You can talk to me." Fitz said knocking on the glass.

I looked from Jemma to Fitz. I sat down in the computer chair and give a small smile. What can I say? I don't even know what it is that I'm seeing of Jemma. But there probably is one person. Mom. She could know. But I'm not suppose to come see her until I found a way to bring her back.

"Thanks. But I don't really wanna talk about it right know." I said.

Jemma smiles and nods her head.

"Of course."

Jemma goes back to scanning the mans brain, typing on her pad and everything is silent. The back door of the lab opens and my dad comes in. Jemma lifts up her head and smiles at him.

"Excellent timing, sir. I've been analyzing sagittal and coronal images of the victim's brain." Jemma said.

"What's Fitz doing out there?" Dad said.

I looked over at Fitz, who was doing what ever it was on his own tablet, before looking back at my dad.

"He dected a strange energy coming off the body." She says.

"He's afraid of it, isn't he?"

"It's the smell!" Fitz said.

We all looked over at him. Jemma turned her body away from my dad to look directly at Fitz.

"There's no shame in it, Fitz. It's perfectly natural to be afraid." Jemma said.

"No, the only thing I'm afraid of is putrid, decaying flesh corrupting me pristine work space." he says and that earns a groan from Jemma.

"You remember the last time you brought a dead thing in the lab?" Fitz asked.

"Oh, not the stupid cat again."

"The cat--tell them about the cat!"

"You could have said something Fitz, it was your lab."

"You left his liver next to my lunch!"

"Guys! Can we please..." Dad said.

They stopped. Jemma turned back around.

"Yes, sir. Um, as I was saying, this is the victims brain." Jemma said.