Chapter 32

RosalieP.O.V.

The whole team was called in after Jemma was locked inside the lab. We were all together in a tight circle. I sat on the steps. Fitz was by the doors sitting on the floor with his back to back with Jemma on the glass.

"Simmons believes she contracted the virus approximatle 36 hours ago when she recieved an electrostatic shock from the first victm." Dad said.

"How much time does she have?" Skye asked.

"Based on when the firemen were infected, how quickly their symptoms manifested...two hours at most."

"That's enough time, right? I mean, SHIELD has dozen of labs and scientist working on this thing, don't they?"

They do. How soon can you get us on the ground?" Dad asked May.

"Three hours. Our path to the sand box has us right in the middles of the Atlantic." May said.

"Sir, correct me if I'm wrong, but if we can't land in time..." Ward said.

"Simmons will relase a pulse that will blow this plane right out of the sky." Dad said.

"We can't jsut sit here and watch her die. We have to do something. Rose, you have to know a spell or something." Skye said.

"There isn't. I checked my book from begin to end. Nothing. I barely even knew those slimy bastards had a stupid virus." I said.

"There's only one person this plane capable of finding a solution for this, and I'm willing to bet my life that she will." Dad said.

We all look towards Jemma and Fitz. I leaned my head aganist the raling.

"She's just a kid." May said.

I get up from my spot and run up the stairs. I walk past the living room when I see Silas sithering towards me. I sat down on the couch. Running my hands down my face.

'I heard what happened.' Silas said after a moment.

"Silas, Do you ever feel so helpless because you can't save someone even though you're supose to be a hero?" I asked.

'Um...I wish I could say yes! But no. I haven't. Don't get too upset. None of us could have known what was going to happen.'

"But I did!" I said. "I did. And I never said anything. I mean at first I didn't. I thought it wasn't real. I thought it was just something that was going to happen in the future. Not until a few years or months. Not this soon."

I sighed. Silas slithered up my leg and sat on my lap.

"Jemma is a good person Silas. And I see the way Fitz looks at her. Her cares so much about her. I don't want him to lose her. We all don't want to lose her."

'You know you did promise Jemma you would talk to your mom for her.'

"Mom...of course. She'll know how to help Jemma!"

I pulled out my Phone and held it in front of me.

'Um...Rose. Whatcha doing?'

"I'm going to talk to my mom."

'Oh, I see. She gets a good signal where she's at. Got that unlimited talk and text.'

Silas cringed. Shaking his head.

'Even I have to say that what I just said was stupid.'

I shushed him. I tilt the phone down until I can see my reflection. And then came the dimness of the lights, cold chill in the air, and the silence. A pale hand grabbed my phone from me.

"I thought we had an agreement, Rosalie."

I looked over to my Mom who sat right besides me. She had her arms crossed over her chest. My phone held on tight in her left hand.

"I know. I'm sorry. But this is really important. I need your help, Mom." I said.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It's my friend Jemma. She contracted a virus that the Chituari apparently had."

"How did she get it?"

"From one of our victums. He was a fireman. He got it from cleaning a Chituarian helmet him and two others found during the attack in New York."

My mom was in deep thought. Then she sighed.

"Is she young?" She asked.

"Yes. And scared. Even though she doesn't show it." I say.

She looked at me and uncrossed her arms. She started tracing the edges of my phone.

"If you come here to find out if I knew a spell or cure, I don't."

"But you were around the Chituari.

"Yes I was. But only the Chituari had this virus. No one else."

"So she's just going to die then?" I asked.

When mom said nothing and gave me a sympathetic look I put my head in my hands.

"I'm sorry to disappoint you." she said.

I felt something heavy on my thigh. My mom placed my phone there.

"You should leave, before you start to get sick."

I grabbed my phone held it in front of me.

"Sweetheart. I am truly sorry." She said.

My lips went into a thin line. I nod my head.

"I'll tell Jemma that." I said

Once I saw my reflection I it wasn't quite any more. The coldness gone. I felt something poke my leg. I looked down at Silas.

'So....how did it go?' Silas asked.

I didn't answer him. I dropped my phone and grabbed the pillow sitting next to me, hitting myself in the face with it. When I was done I chucked it at a wall.

'Not good is what I'm assuming.'

"My mom doesn't know of a cure. Know it's up to Jemma to find one." I said.

'And she will. Everything always ends up being okay.'

I scratched Silas under his chin.

"Not always."