Chapter 43

RosalieP.O.V.

"Damn. Someone's got dollar bills."

I stood outside of a very nice, very expensive looking house with my tilted to the side. I walk up to the door and went to knock, only to find the door was unlocked. I pushed it open and walked inside closing it shut behind me. It was quite. What was Skye doing here?

"Hello?"

"Rose!"

Skye came running out from one of the rooms downstairs and pulled me into a quick hug with a smile on her face.

"Sis! Nice place. What's the plan?"

"I have something for you. Stay here. Don't touch anything!"

She ran off again and I turned towards the small table by the door. There was a picture of a man and his son. It reminded me of my dad and I. I reached for it my fingertips barely grazing the glass.

"No touching!"

"Christ, how do you guys know?" I asked.

There was the rustling of paper and Skye reappeared with shopping bags in her hands. I raised an eyebrow at them.

"You got shades?" She asked. I tapped the pair on my head.

"Always. Why?"

"Wanna play SHIELD Agents?"

"Um excuse you, miss, I am a real SHIELD agent."

She shushed me while handing over a bag, then pointed to a room I could change into. I did noticing that she got me a black leather jacket and leggings. I slipped them on and placed my hair up into neat a bun. Bringing down my my shades to rest on my face I heard the front door open and the rattling of keys. I walked out of the room the same time Skye came out as well in her black outfit. I held my hands behind me.

"You're in a lot of trouble, Mr. Rathman." Skye said. Rathman turned around, eyebrows furrowing at the sight of us.

"Who the hell are you?"

"Agent Coulson. And this is my partner." I say, wearing my best imitation of my dad when he was being professional.

"Agent Melinda May with SHIELD." Skye said.

"Look, clearly there been a misunderstanding

"Look, clearly there been a misunderstanding. I'm a legitimate business man." Rathman says. Skye takes off her glass and folds them.

"SHIELD has evidence your company has been siphoning funds into an offshore account for some very bad people."

"My clients' business is their business."

"Well, our business is catching those guys. And if it turns out you made a profit from just one of them, SHIELD is prepared to freeze all of your assets." I say.

"I'm calling my lawyer."

He pulls out her phone and dials a number, putting it up to her ear. I rolled my eyes under my glasses.

"Do that and our offers off the table." Skye says. I glance at her and back to Rathman who seems slightly curious.

"What offer is that?"

"Immunity--you walk...free and clear. SHIELD doesn't touch a single asset. Not even your party boat in Key Largo."

She slowly starts to walk up to him. Until she's close enough to him. He looks over to me and I nod my head in confirmation.

"And if I say no?"

"You'll spend the next five years in the FRIDGE."

"The fridge?"

"It's worse than it sounds."

In two seconds he hangs up the phone and puts it down. I walk up to stand next to Skye. He looks at the both of us.

"Alright, what do you want?"

"Follow us into your office. We've got some work to do."

She leads the way and we follow behind her with a proud look on my face. While he sat down at his computer desk I looked around at the stuff he had. I started thinking about what May had said. Why she sent Skye off. How could she do her thing with Hand and all her lackeys on the plane? My sis is best at what she does when she isn't in SHIELD. My phone starts buzzing in my pocket and I take it out. I look over to Skye and Rathman.

"Gotta take this. It's HQ."

I step out side and into another room closing the door. I answer the phone, pushing up my sunglasses.

"How's it going?" I ask.

"So far so good. We've located a major Centipede facility in Sydney. Along with many others. Task force teams are being spread all over the globe as we speak and we're on our way to Sydney." Aiden says.

"What about my dad?"

"Hand says if we're lucky they have him held in Sydney."

"There's no way in hell he'd be there. They took him for a reason we don't know which mean they'll be holding him somewhere secret. How's Silas?"

"Behaving, surprisingly. I think I'm growing on him."

'Like a fungus.' I hear Silas say and I smile.

"You boys stay safe. Keep me updated."

"You got it, Rosy Posy."

The line went dead. I pocketed my phone. I walk out and back to room only to find Skye holding a gun to a police officer outside of the door while another was laying on the ground. Rathman was typing away on his computer. I look past his shoulders and over to her.

"I'm literally gone for one minute and the LAPD is already here

"I'm literally gone for one minute and the LAPD is already here." I sighed.

"Your eyes are p-purple."

Rathman paused and looked at me with his mouth slightly open and eyes wide. The police officer held at gun point turned and looked at me with the same expression. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah and the sky is blue, the grass is green. What else is new? Focus and keep hacking, Rathman."