Chapter 25

RosalieP.O.V.

"Nice to meet you." I said with a kind smile.

What does he mean he's been waiting a long time to meet me?

I hold my hand out for Aiden to shake but instead he lifts up my hand and place a soft kiss on it. He holds my hand for a few seconds before letting it go. His eyes scanned the floor before they landed on something.

"My book!"

Aiden grabs the leather book off the floor.

"I've been missing it. Ever since I woke up in this place." he said.

I waked over to his bed and sat down. Aiden soon joined me sitting right next to me. Sitting a little too close me. I moved over a little bit and tapped my fingers on my legs.

"That place I was in before. They locked me in a cage. Those people..they were so twisted, evil. They did things to me. Horrible things. And you were there, I saw your face when I slept. Where am I now?"

"SHIELD HQ. I work for them. Their good people. Your safe, Aiden." I said.

"I was pretty scared when I first woke up. Strangers looming over me in a white room, putting needles into my arms making me sleepy. But know I'm here."

"How long have you've been a wake?" I asked.

"Few hours." he said.

Aiden closed his eyes for a moment.

"It's good to have someone like me to talk too. Not like that scary one eyed man and pretty lady."

I raised an eyebrow at him as he opened his eyes. I watch him panic,

"Not that she's isn't prettier than you! Your way beautiful than she is, your beautifuler!" Aiden said.

'Whaaaa?' Silas said.

"Calm down, I didn't say anything." I said.

"I just thought you would get upset."

"I'm not. Dude chill." I said.

Aiden sighed in relief and I laughed.

'Someone has a thing for ya.'

I grabbed Silas out of my pocket and threw him across the room. Me and Aiden watch him soar.

'I CAN FLYYYY!!!'

"What was that?" Aiden asked.

"What was what?"

Aiden shrugged and moved closer to me. I moved away.

"So, how old are you excatly?" I asked.

"24..23..I'm not sure." Aiden said.

"What do you remember that day after they put you in that cell?"

"I remember you. The dreams. And...those people--not the bad people. Others."

"Do you remember what the place they held you in looked like?"

"I don't remember."

"How about any of the people who did those things to you, do you remember what their faces look like?"

"I can't. Their faces, all fuzzy."

Aiden looked straight ahead, staring at nothing.

"Did you send the signal to SHIELD? How did you get out of that place?" I asked.

"No-I think I didn't, I don't know." He said.

"Aiden, how did you end up here on earth? What happen to you before you came here? What happened to the others? Were you sold as a slave on the trade market?"

"I--I can't--I don't remember!"

Aiden ran his hand through his hair, frustrated. Then he looked at me. His eyes were dim. Emotionless. He was on the verge of tears.

"Why can't I remember? What-what did they do to me?" he asked his voice trembling.

I frowned. I felt bad for Aiden. He doesn't remember anything. Whatever those people did to him they must have messed up with his mind.

He looked down at his book, gripping it tightly.

"That book, is it your spell book?" I asked.

"No. My spell book is lost. But I can sometimes remember most of the spells and stories in there."

"Oh. Then what is it?"

"It's my sketch book. I've had it since those people threw me in that cage."

"An artist, huh? What do you draw?" I asked.

He looked up to answer, his eyes looking at mine before looking back down at his book. A small blush on his cheeks.

"What?" I asked with a small laugh.

Aiden hand the book to me and I opened it cautiously. And since I didn't get blasted by light I flipped to the first page. As I looked at it my eyes went wide.

It was a sketch of me.

I flipped the rest of the pages and saw they were all sketches of me. They were so detailed, it was like I was looking at photos. I looked over at Aiden who still had his head down.

"When I spent my first night in that cage, I wanted nothing but to die. But then I had a dream. Of a beautiful girl who took me away to a different place. A different world. Her smile made me smile. Her laugh made me laugh, like it was contagious. A child of light just like me. That girl was you."

"Once I woke up I started sketching. And night after night, dream after dream I kept sketching you. You made me want to live, to get the chance to meet you. You gave me hope that I would get out. And I did somehow. And your here."

"Oh. Well, their very good. You have talent." I said.

"Thanks."

I put the book away. I look at Aiden, trying to get eye contact with him but he keeps his head down.

"Where's your necklace? You have one like me don't you?" I asked.

"Yes. Those people, the ones who found me took it."

I took out my phone and checked the time. It was getting late.

"I'm going to go. You get some rest, I'll be back later." I said.

I stood up but Aiden grabbed my hand.

"Do you have too go?" he asked.

"You have to get some rest, Aiden."

"But I'm--I'm scared. You leave that guy, he'll hurt me."

"Fury won't hurt you."

"Please don't go."

"Jesus, your worser than Skye." I said.

Aiden had those puppy dog eyes and a pout on his lips. Dammit.

"How about I stay with you until you fall asleep?"

Aiden smiled, letting go of my hand.

"I'd like that a lot."