Chapter 40

RosalieP.O.V.

After a few minutes of Ward and my dad talking to the professor, he finally gave us the information we needed to find the last piece to the staff. Now with actual coordinates, May flew us all the way to Ireland. Apparently the last piece of the staff was hidden inside a church there.

When the plane landed the whole team including the professor was gearing up and getting ready to head out.

Me and Ward had made amends. But he was still a little rocky with trying to keep his rage down to a minim. As long as he didn't say anything else harsh to me I won't have the right to bitch slap him in the face.  

I was changed into my suit and sat inside the car. Silas was on his place wrapped around my neck. He had told me that he wanted to tag along because he need some fresh air. I asked for him to stay in my bunk like he usually would, which he objected too.

He didn't want to miss anything exciting. But I don't know what will be so exciting about retrieving a dark, magical stick from an abandon church. I watch from out the window shield as Ward went over the the Professor and opened a small case that held all his personal items that were confiscated once he had got onto the bus. They talked while the Professor took back his things.

Wards face was emotionless the entire time. It was hard to make out the words they were saying to find out what they were talking about. None of the others looked their way I guess that they were talking quietly amongst themselves.

Suddenly Ward slammed the case shut, the noise so loud I could even hear it. And it scared the crap out of me. He walked over to the truck, opening the door and sides in next to me before slamming that shut as well.

"Well hey, Mr. grumpy." I said.

"Not now."

Ward was clutching the case in his hand so tight his knuckles were white. I slowly took it out of his hands and placed the case onto the floor.

"Ward, breathe." I say.

He took a deep breath then exhaled. He seemed to relax. A little.

"What did he say?" I asked, glancing at the Asgardian who was putting on his watch.

"It doesn't matter." He said.

I wanted to press him more, but that would just get him even more angry.

"Alright. If you say so."

"I'm fine. I've got myself under control." Ward said.

I nod my head. The door to the side of me opened and I moved over so Skye could get in. My dad jumped into the drivers seat while May, Fitz-Simmons and Randolph went to the other truck. When everyone was ready we back out and head for the church.

~~~~~~

When we got to the church it was quite. Real quite. And I had a very bad feeling in my gut.

"Well, it's been awhile I wonder. Ah, yes. There it is. Still here." Randolph said, making his way over to a book that was laying out open on a table. Everyone huddled around him to look except me and Ward.

"Well, the nose isn't quite right, but--"

"That's you." Fitz said.