Chapter 37

RosalieP.O.V.

A few minutes later I was back to what I was doing before, picking up debris. I had my earbuds, listening to music to help make this seem less boring. I picked up another rock and threw it into my barrel.

I was on a heavy tip

Trying to cross a canyon with a broken limb

You were on the other side, like always

Wondering what to do with life

I'd already had a sip

So I'd reasoned I was drunk enough to deal with it

You were on the other side, like aways

You could never make your mind

And with one kiss

You inspired a fire of devotion that last for twenty years

What kind of man loves like this?

I hummed along to the song as I wheeled back to Fitz-Simmons and dumped everything I had onto the matt.

"Take a break Rose. You've been cleaning up, on the clock without one since we got here. I've got it from here." Ward said coming up behind me.

I nod my head and leave my barrel there, and started spinning around as I listen to the beautiful voice of Florence.

To let me dangle at a cruel angle

Oh, my feet don't touch the floor

Sometimes you're half in and then you're half out

But you never close the door

What kind of man loves like this?

What kind of man?

What kind of man loves like this?

What kind of man?

I stopped spinning and looked outside one of the shattered windows. There was a spot on the sidewalk that was cracked with two holes the size of someone's feet. I remember my Dad had told me that's where Thor had landed.

My eyes started to sting as I looked at it. I blinked, and everything went quite. Even my music stopped playing.

I looked around and saw that every agent that was in the university wasn't anymore. No Fitz-Simmons, no Ward. No one.

"Hello? Guys?" I asked.

I looked back out of the window. There was a man standing outside on that spot. He had a smile on his face and waved at me. What the hell? He gasped as a metal staff went through his chest and he fell to the ground. A dark haired man was standing behind him, eyes filled with wild rage before walking away. I pulled out my ear buds with a curse, before running out of the closest exit.

When I got out side the dark haired man was gone so I ran towards the man on the ground and kneel by his side. The end of the rod was sticking out of his back. He wasn't moving. I went to grab it when suddenly the man lifted his head up and grabbed my arm, holding it tight grip.

"Your hurting me!" I said.

"The rage will consume you..." He said, blood dripping down his mouth.

Then he disappeared with out a trace. I stood up, rubbing the spot on my arm he grabbed, shocked and confused. The song I was listening to was playing in the background, before it was gone again.