Chapter 18

Janet

Friday morning, 9:28 a.m. The first thought that crossed my mind was:

Shit, that was really nice.

Making love to Wissam last night was a re-awakening, rejuvenating experience. It was after my first climax that I realized just what made me fall in love with him in the first place: his passion, the way he knows exactly what I like, where I like it, and when I want it; the way his deep, husky moans rang in my ear long after they'd been sounded, the way he said 'I love you' as I immersed myself into his chest when we were done. He was like listening to a great song for the first time in a long time. Or a favorite pair of jeans. He was strong, passionate, and masculine. Deeper than lust, some unspoken, established connection we kind of just always had. My body was still on fire.

To think I was so afraid that I wouldn't want him anymore. That I had built up a tolerance. He was still mine. Still satisfying. Still enough. Just Familiar.

I wanted to hold him and never let him go. I was mad at myself for thinking I would ever stop loving him, and all of him. For thinking I could just pick and choose the parts of him I would keep, and the others I could do without. None of it was optional. All of him was necessary to my existence. He knew that.

He wasn't in bed when I turned around, which kind of disappointed me. I wanted to get lost in his brown eyes once again. I wanted to hear his voice first thing in the morning, so rugged and sexual. I had taken him for granted so much, and I just needed to fill the void that opened within me once he left. I was completely attached this time.

"Janet, baby," he tip-toed into our room, afraid I might still be asleep. I smiled.

"Good morning, Wissam." I sat up in the bed and stretched. He leaned down next to me and gingerly kissed my forehead.

"Will you come and join me for breakfast, my love?" He held my hands in his tightly.

"Can we eat it up here? I just want to lay with you." I asked. His face brightened.

"Yes, we can eat it up here."

"I can have Maria bring it up-"

"No, it's okay. I'll get it. You stay."

Wissam disappeared back downstairs. I took that time to freshen up a little and check my phone. I had a couple texts from Toni, and it dawned on me that this was the first time in nearly 3 weeks that I hadn't thought about her. I didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing-- it was more confusing than anything else that my feelings were shifting so much between her and Wissam. It seemed about as predictable as the future. But I didn't even bother responding as not to ruin the rush of feelings I was getting from him. I didn't want any distractions.

"Okay, here we are." Wissam set the tray of food on my lap. "A meal fit for a queen, my queen."

"Thank you. You're not going to eat?"

"No, I'm fine. I had my coffee already."

"That's not breakfast, Wissam." I gave him a side-eye glance while he crawled back into bed.

"I'll be okay. I'll eat just as soon as you finish."

I paused and smiled just before I was going to put the fork in my mouth. He grinned back and scooted closer, taking the fork from me and opting to feed me instead.

"And I wasn't thinking, I should have brought you some pineapple juice instead of orange."

"You are so silly."

"You think I'm playing?"

"I mean, unless you're about to go and get some-"

My phone rang on the nightstand. I kind of just looked at it for a while, not planning on answering it until Wissam told me to at least see who it was. Who was trying to ruin my beautiful morning with my man?