Chapter 26

Toni

It was starting to get late, and my mother still wasn't awake. I told Face and Vince to go home, and that I would bring Tamar home once she was ready to leave. The steady beeping of cardiometer was ingraining itself into my thoughts, and it was starting to make me feel a little insane. I stepped outside of the room for the first time in hours, automatically remembering that Janet was supposed to call me. One more thing I had to worry about. I checked my phone and saw that I had actually missed a call from her, which made me feel a little better. Hopefully everything went over smoothly between her and Wissam, and hopefully it was the end. I called her back, yet there was no answer. It was a little unlike her. But I didn't worry too much.

  "Toni," Tamar's hoarse voice called from the room. It reminded me of when we were younger and it always seemed like we were on each other's side, me and her against the world. I just wish my other sisters were here to support us and Mommy. They were all deeply concerned, and Towanda was even going to try and catch the soonest flight to L.A. to be with us. I was excited to see her, but not under these circumstances.

  "Yeah, Tay?"

  "I think I'm ready to go home," she sighed, giving my mother one last look. She was all cried out, and that was even worse than when she was sobbing to me. We were both pretty drained. "I'll come back in the morning."

  "Okay." I put my arm around her shoulder.

We both gave Mommy one last kiss before heading out of the nearly vacant hospital. I dropped her off at her own house first, then headed to Janet's just to make sure everything was okay.

Janet

"Where's that little bitch?! I want to fuck him up so bad." Jermaine (Dupri) fumed as he invited himself into my house with a nasty scowl. He was the first of the men to show up.

  "I'm waiting on him to get home, I don't know where he went. But he'll be back tonight."

  "How could he do this to you, J?! I thought he was cool."

  "I-I did too. People just change, I guess..." I wiped my eye of one tear.

  "Well he's about to get his whole face changed up. Soon as he walk through that door."

Then Jackie and Marlon came busting through my door without any warning, scaring the shit out of me. They looked around the room for any trace of him, cracking their knuckles and setting their jackets on the couch. "You guys, he's not here yet," I said. "You can relax."

Jackie ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. It was honestly just what I needed right now. "We are not going to relax until I see his nose detached from his face, and he is crawling away and begging for mercy."

  "Jackie, don't you think that's a little harsh?"

  "No, you called us over here for a reason. He deserves everything he's about to get."

  "That's right," Marlon chimed in. "He messed with our baby sister, so he's getting messed with right back. That's all it is." He smiled falsely and sat down on the couch next to J.D. "Don't think anything of it."

Another door bell ring, but before I could answer it, emerged Jermaine and Randy. Randy looked like he literally was going to kill him. And I immediately thought maybe I didn't need all of them here. At the time I was desperate. But not just anyone gets blessed to have 6 older brothers, plus a great ex that is now like a seventh.

"Janet, where the hell is he. I wanna shove my foot so far up his ass-"

  "He's not here yet," everybody else in the room said in unison.

Old Friends (Janet and Toni Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें