Chapter 64

Janet

I pulled Toni into the house after getting her a towel to dry off with. I stood at the grand staircase and looked over my shoulder at her with a small grin tugging either side of my mouth. "What are you up to, Janet Jackson?" She asked skeptically.

"Nothing, just making sure you were still behind me."

I lifted up my dress at the bottom and went quietly up each stair. Halfway up, I grabbed the railing, turned, and looked again. She shook her head and smacked my ass.

"Go head, Janet Jackson! You play too much."

I squealed and ran the rest of the way until we made it to the master bedroom, falling back on the bed as she pounced on top of my body. I giggled, wrapping my leg around her waist. Toni just gazed lovingly into my eyes, wiping some hair out of my face. "Do you absolutely swear you forgive me? You know I don't like it when you're mad at me, baby." She pouted.

"I swear," I said softly, kissing her poked out bottom lip. "Up and down. Now don't ask again, or I will get mad."

She frowned and shifted to the side of me. "Where are you going? That's not how this is supposed to go," I inquired. She tried to hide a smile as she got out of bed.

"I should go shower first. This chlorine is going to wreak havoc on my skin."

"Okay, well, can I come?" I rolled over onto my stomach and ogled at her body in that bathing suit. It was a one piece, but it dipped down low in the back and accentuated all of her curves with cutouts on the sides.

"No, no, you stay... don't move. It will be quick." She turned and scurried into the bathroom.

"Don't keep me waiting."

"Promise!" She called over the shower running.

I decided that while she was getting ready, I could set the mood a little and make the evening more than just some makeup sex. There was nothing wrong with it, but I couldn't remember the last time I'd done something very romantic for her. I hopped up and pulled a lighter from my vanity drawer, lighting all of my candles that were scattered around. Next were the lights, dimmed to almost nothing, soft Brazilian jazz whispering through the speakers, and me, clad in nothing but high-cut underwear and a cropped tank top. I heard the shower turn off and my heart started to race as if we'd never done this before. It didn't matter. It always felt so new and exciting with her.

I lathered my exposed skin in cocoa butter oil, and just as I was finishing my second leg, Toni emerged from the bathroom with her hair in a high, messy bun and my robe.

"That was quick, wasn't it?" I said to myself as I closed the cap on the oil.

"Janet Jackson," she called tentatively. I didn't look at her. I acted like nothing had changed.

"Yes, Toni Michele?"

"Can you come over here for a second?"

I got up from the couch and approached her slowly. She tried to keep her cool, but I could feel her eyes all over my body. "Yes?" I said smoothly.

"What's this?"

"My sorry," I timidly replied. "And before you say anything at all, I'm gonna need you to sit down."

"For what?"

"Because I said so." I motioned to the bed. She sat on the edge cautiously. I went to close the door quickly, her gaze burning a hole in my backside. I smiled, but wiped it away as I turned around and came to her again. All she could do was shake her head.