Chapter 24

🚧DISCLAIMER🚧 This is strictly a filler to provide for some comedic relief because shit got real last chapter so everybody just relax for this one. Also listen to the song in the mm to make a baby on sight 💦

Janet

Now that my mind was made up about Toni, I was so anxious to have her and touch her all the time. As we strolled down Venice Beach with Joey following close behind, I wanted to hold her hand. I wanted to rest my hand on her thigh as we ate lunch and tell her how beautiful I thought she was on multiple occasions throughout the day. I wanted to kiss her--God, I wanted to kiss her so badly, if only a peck on the lips, just because. Yeah, now that I had my mind made up, I was ready to go full-throttle with her at my side. I wanted to be her girlfriend. I was ready to feel the butterflies and excitement of a new relationship. It was my favorite.

  "Janet Jackson, girl you are so out of it today!" Toni snapped her fingers right in my face, then nudged me with her shoulder.

  "Don't say my name so loud, we are doing so well." I looked down at my shoes, hoping no one else would notice us. There was a bit of a commotion in the car as we tried to find parking, but Joey reserved seats for us at the restaurant ahead of time that were tucked away from everyone else in a place where entertainers were not uncommon. The only problem was the waiter, who was shaking as he tried to write our orders down, clearly recognizing us. But I could tell he didn't want to cause a scene or look too star struck. He tried with all his might to play it cool, and I appreciated that.

  "Mm, you weren't saying that last night when I was-"

  "Toni, I swear to god..." I grabbed her arm. Did all of those mimosas go to her head? It was barely 3 in the afternoon.

  "Oh, look at him..." her attention was now focused on the chocolate body builder doing pull-ups in the outdoor gym. His muscles were literally asking to break out of his skin as he pulled his weight up and back down. He was wearing nothing but shorts and trainers, and his skin glistened with sweat in the midday sun. Toni was almost drooling.

  "Put your tongue back in your mouth, huh?" I smacked her arm lightly.

  "Only if his tongue is in there too... Jesus Christ..." She stroked her chest lightly with the tips of her fingers and kept watching him. I rolled my eyes because he wasn't all that. Maybe it was jealousy. "I can't get a good look at his package from here, but I'm sure he's at LEAST--"

  "Toni, look at you! We are in public."

  "That's never stopped you before."

  "Alright, that's it. Come on." I pulled her down the walkway as she craned her neck to get one last glimpse of him.

  "What the hell!" She pouted.

  "I saw a ring on his finger," I said. She tried to keep up with my brisk walking pace. Quite honestly, I was ready to leave.

  "I didn't. And I know I was looking harder than you."

  "He's gay."

  "You're jealous."

  "That's ludicrous."

  "Not really."

I didn't say anything else. I was jealous. And I wasn't good at lying.
And I didn't want to keep arguing with her.

  "Can we go home? My feet are starting to hurt. "

  "Shall I carry you, your highness?" She mocked. Yeah, she was a little annoyed with me, but it wouldn't last long. It never did.