Chapter 25

🚧DISCLAIMER🚧 chapter stupid thicc  (4300 words)

Janet

"Hello? Janet?"

I had finally done it. Wissam's concerned, muffled voice sounded like that of a child through my phone speaker. I was in the guest room sitting on the edge of the bed, and my hands were clammy. I couldn't believe I was actually going to end it between us. It didn't seem natural.

  "Hey Wissam, it's me." I sighed.

  "Baby, are you okay?! I've been worried sick about you. Where are you?"

  "I'm staying at a friend's house, I'm fine. I just needed some time away from you."

  "I'm so sorry, Janet. You know I love you more than anything. I didn't mean to hurt you the way that I did, I was just mad at myself for-"

  "Wissam, calm down. Okay? Please, I'm--I'm over it."

  "Please come home, baby. I miss you so much. I wanna make it up to you," he begged. This was going to be a lot harder than what I was bargaining for.

"I'm coming home tomorrow around noon. Can you make sure you are at the house when I get there please?" I could feel my voice detaching from him.

  "Of course, honey. Whatever you want. Do you want me to buy you anything? Any food, or-"

  "No, no...Just... can you be there please? I wanna talk to you." I rubbed my forehead with my palm.

  "Yes, yes, I'll be there. I promise. Janet, I'm so, so, sorry."

I saw Toni's head peek through the door. She quickly moved away, seeing that I noticed her. I just smiled and shook my head. "I gotta go, Wissam. I'll see you tomorrow."

  "Okay, baby. I love you so much. I love you beyond words. Please forgive me."

  "I forgive you. Bye, Wissam."

  "Bye, Janet."

I quickly hung up the phone. My body was sweating. I didn't know if I could do it tomorrow.

  "Toni, Come in. I know you're out there."

She snuck in the room with a red face. "Hey, I would ask how it went but-"

  "You heard it all, I know."

  "I'm sorry. I can't help it."

  "We're going to talk tomorrow."

  "What are you going to say?" She sat down next to me. I didn't want to tell her I was leaving him for her. Not yet.

  "I haven't decided, I'm sure I'll figure it out tonight when I'm not sleeping."

  "That must be so nerve-wracking, right? I mean...yeah. I'm praying for you. And I'll stay up with you and talk about it if you want." Toni rested her hand on my shoulder.

  "Thank you, Toni."

  "Or take your mind off of it, too. Whatever you want to do."

I looked at her cautiously. Her words were a double-edged sword.

  "What does that mean?" I cracked a side smile.

  "It means--Oh, Jan. No. Not like that. Especially not after what you did earlier. Hell no. You got your nerve." She got up and left the room. I followed close behind her. "Matter of fact, you sleep in there tonight. I don't want any situations popping off."