Chapter 46

Janet

"Okay, now that you're done hogging Toni, the rest of us would like to get to know her, if you don't mind," Gil teased. I felt my face turn pink.

We were on my tour bus now, just getting ready to spend some quality time with all the kids like we always did. Only now, there was an addition to the family. I was so excited to laugh and gossip and sing like we always did on these long rides. I was ready to show Toni everything I loved about touring.

  "I guess I can share her for just a moment," I looked down at my fingers. Toni came from out of the bathroom and I reached out for her. She smiled, coming toward me but looking around at all the eyes on her.

  "Did I miss something?" She asked timidly.

  "No, we were just talking about you and JJ. Here, come sit next to me," Gil said. She looked at me and I stuck my lip out, but she sat by him anyway. He gave her a side hug and pecked her face. "How are you, my love?"

  "I'm good, Gil. How are you?" She smiled at him.

  "Never better. Okay. Now that she's here, honey, we've got questions." He draped his arm around her and she got shy. Everyone did their oohs and ahh's, looking around like something was gonna jump off.

  "Like what?" She asked pensively.

  "Well, me personally, I wanna know how you ended up with that crazy bitch in the first place," Gil said. My jaw dropped. Everyone else thought it was funny.

  "One day, I just saw her and thought, 'that bitch is crazy. I want Her.'" Toni replied. Oh, so she had jokes too?

  "Good answer," Gil said. I rolled my eyes as she smiled cheekily and blew a kiss at me.

  "Seriously, I wanna know how this went down. Who made the first move?"

  "She hasn't told you? I figured she would have."

  "No, JJ dont kiss and tell."

  "Then, why should I?" She challenged with a smirk. It made me smile.

  "Because!!!!" He whined. Toni glanced at me as if asking for permission. I nodded.

  "You know it was Jan," She revealed. I looked down as Trisha, a dancer next to me, shook my shoulder.

  "Did she take a little warming up, J?" Amelio asked me from across our circle. I looked at Toni and she looked back at me. It was like we were having our own little side conversation just through eye contact.

  "Toni? Putty in my hands." I said with a shrug as I popped a cheese cube in my mouth.

  "Oh, Shit!" Everyone said. Toni narrowed her eyes at me, but couldn't deny it. It was true.

"And who is wearing the panties in this relationship?" Gil inquired next.

"I am," we both said in unison. I snapped my head up and furrowed my eyebrows.

  "This was such a good idea," Gil muttered, clearly ready for a cat fight.

  "Janet Jackson, are you kidding? You do whatever I say." Toni said. I gave her a look. And she knew the look. But this time, she stood her ground. All my dancers behind her must have had her feeling a little bold.

  "No, I do not."

  "Alright, alright, let's settle this right now. Both of you need to provide some stories, some examples, some evidence, that you got the other sprung." Gil said. Everyone got hush.