Chapter 5

Jason

Jason

It's been a day since Elenor has been here. I give her food and water but she won't drink or eat.
She just cries, she doesn't even say a word when I go up and try to talk. I want her to understand that I don't want any of this, I don't make the rules. I don't even know who does, it's been that way for years, way before I was even born.

I can't let her leave because she knows my members now. All because I got so angry at her because she was asking questions I couldn't answer and I told her were a gang...now it's all my fault that she knows.

I'm definitely not killing her. If you remember, once someone finds out about your gang they have to be killed or join the team, and that's what happened with James, I can't let anyone know besides me and my boys that James knows, because he would be killed by others.

I can't let Elenor go, she could go to the police and get us arrested. She's an innocent teen girl, killing her? that would be ridiculous. If I have to find a way to save her I will. She can't just be given death like that.

"You ok?" I look over at Cody and nod. "Just thinking."

"About?"

"What are we gonna do Cody?" I ask. "About Elenor."

"You know the ru-"

"I don't care about those fucking rules right now." I state. "We aren't killing an innocent girl, she didn't find out on her own, she didn't follow you guys. She heard it. When you were breaking into her house. She shouldn't be punished."

"I don't know what else to say." He replies. "It's been the rules for years."

"Who the hell makes them?" I ask. "That, I don't know. There's a leader, he's the leader of all gangs. He was the first person to lead a gang and he made the rules." He explains. "And don't ask for his name because I don't know."

"All I know is, I'm not killing her." I say picking up Jeanette's file. "Right now, we have to figure out why James had this."

"Elenor said he's out of town."

"She talked to you?" I ask looking over at him.

"She said two sentences." He replies. "He'll be back Thursday."

"Then we wait, that's all we can do." I reply. "If James really did kill Jeanette, he will pay."

Elenor

It's been a day since I've been here, I haven't showered, I have no clothes or anything. This is ridiculous...What the hell do these people want with my father? I have to get out of here...I need to talk to my dad, He'll tell me what's going o-

I snap from my thoughts when the door opens to revel Jason who had a tray of food and drink on it. "You have to eat, Elenor." He says placing it on the bed.

I ignored him, all I wanna do is go home..."Elenor." He says a little louder. I slowly turn to him. "I'm not hungry." I say, more like a whisper.

Lie. I was so hungry but like I said, I just wanna go home.

"I know that's a lie, just come eat." He says softly. "You'll get sick if you don't.."

I didn't say anything. "How about I give you an answer to any question you want as long as your eating?"

I turn around. "R-Really?"

He sits down at the end of the bed. "If it'll make you eat instead of starving yourself then I'll do it because believe it or not Elenor I want you to go home, but you can't."

I slowly walk over to him and sit on the bed. I look down at the tray, it had a burger on it with some fries and a few pickles. A can of soda on the side. "As long as I eat, you'll answer my questions?"

"You get 4 maximum."

I nod and begin eating. "Hmm." I moan. I love cheese burgers. I look at Jason who was smiling. "What?"

"Nothing." He continued to smile.

"First question." I whisper eating a fry, trying to change the subject. "How many of there are you?"

"4." He replies. "Me, I'm the leader and my members are Cody, Blake and Harry. There the ones who took you."

I nod, taking another bite of my burger before asking another. "Why can't I leave?"

He hesitated before speaking. "It's a rule..In a gang, if anyone finds out your a member you have to kill them..."

I stopped eating. "S-So you are gonna kill me?"

He shakes his head. "No. I promise, I will find a way out of this. I won't let them hurt you. You didn't discover this yourself. You heard them talking and well...me saying that yesterday too. Anyway, you shouldn't face the consequences."

"Then why can't you just give me up?" I ask. "And let me go home, I won't tell anyone I know."

"I can't do that..." He replies. "I can't risk you going to police even saying you won't." He continued. "Eat and next question."

"How long have you been in a gang?" I ask. I should still be freaking out...but I'm not. Jason seems....nice.

What. Elenor no. These people kidnapped you.

"Since I was 16." He says. "Last question, make it count."

I grab a fry and place it into my mouth. "What do you guys want with my father?"

"That's a very long story..." He softly spoke.

"I got time."

"Very funny." He chuckles. "How about you eat, take a shower and then I'll tell you the story some other time?"

"I don't have any clothes."

"Codys girlfriends clothes are here. You can wear hers." He says as he stands up.

"Wait, I thought you said no one can know you guys are and if they find out they have to be killed?" I question.

"There's a second option..." He replied. "Which is what she chose."

"Which is?" I ask.

"Joining our team."

"She's one of you?" I ask. "A member?"

"She's not a basic member, her and Blakes girlfriend." He explains. "They just help when we need them, but if she tells anyone...then you know what happens."

I didn't say anything...Whoever made these rules is fucked up in the head. "I'll get you those clothes."

─── ◇◆◇ ───

• Follow me on Instagram @kaylatheauthor •