Chapter 28

Jason

Jason

Looking around the airport, the gates and the planes made my heart pound. Everything seemed so unreal, conversations played in my ear over and over but my eyes were only on one person.

"Jeanette wait." I say, grabbing her hand before she goes to the gate for her plane. "Please, I can't lose you again."

She turns around, places her bags on the ground and wraps her arms around my neck. "I have to Jason, if I don't I'm never gonna feel safe."

I fiddle with the ends of her brown hair. "I can keep you safe, you know I can."

Jeanette still doesn't know I'm a gang leader, she just thinks Anabell was a crazy ex who wanted my life hell so she faked Jeanette's death to get back at me.
Which was half true.

"Last call to Newyork." I hear one of the ladies say, making my heart pound.

"I have to go Jason." She whispered in my ear as she pulls away. "Please understand that I don't wanna do this, I just need to feel safe..and if I stay here I will not, I just need to move on, no matter how much it hurts me to walk away from you right now.."

Deep down, I knew Jeanette was right. She wouldn't feel safe here...She got kidnapped and someone faked her death, but I mean after everything we've been through she just wants to leave?

Releasing my hands from her waist I grab her bags from the floor and hand them to her.
"Will you call me when you land?"

"Of course I will Jason." She nods.

"I love you Jeanette." I say, why did it sound like I it was the last time I was gonna say it?

"I love you, Jason." Was the last thing she said before placing her lips gently on mine. I deepen the kiss by putting both my hands on each side of her face.

Pulling away, she gives me one last glare before walking to her gate and just like that.

She was gone.

Elenor

"It doesn't make any sense." Alex says to Amanda. "She just packs up and leaves?"

"Maybe she just wants to be with family." Amanda replies. "She did just get her death fakedAlex."

"I know but, it's not like Jeanette." Alex shakes her head as I place another chip in my mouth. "She wouldn't just leave Jason after everything they've been through Amanda."