Chapter 38

Elenor's point of view

"Jason. I said I will go, ok?" I remind him for the fourth time as I grab my coat from the closet, the phone was between my neck and ear.. "It's just Florida, and plus it's on a weekend, and if we find the person who makes the rules I wanna be there."

"I just don't want you getting hurt.." He says softly making my heart melt. "I won't." I smile to myself. "Besides I'll have you and the stupid idiots on my side." I laugh, referring to the guys like he did yesterday.

"Hey!" He laughs. "Only I can call them that."

I playfully roll my eyes, leaving the apartment.

Alex was picking me up for school.

"I can't wait to see you, it's gonna be my first time sleeping at your place." He trails off.

"Remember to pick me up." I say.

He groans. "I got it, you've told me three times already."

My eyes flash to Calvin who was getting out of the elevator, his daughter in his arms.

"Hey Jason, let me call you back."

"What? Why?"

"Calvin just left the elevator, I haven't talked to him since our date.."

"Fine." Was the last thing I heard before the phone was hung up, groaning I place my phone in my back pocket and walked over to Calvin. "Hey." He says, with a soft smile. "How are you?"

I nod. "I'm hanging in there."

"Good." He says, trying to keep her from crying. "So uh, how did it go with that guy?"

"Oh yeah, about that, I'm so sorry." I tell him. " I was on a date with you and I -"

"Elenor." He says softly. "It's alright, I understand."

"Well thank you..." I smile. "Oh and yes, it worked out perfectly. We're together now."

"That's great, im happy for you."

"I should really get going." I say, reminding myself I have school.

"Yeah me too." He says. "I'll see you around."

I nod as he walks past me. "See you."