Chapter 37

Elenor's point of view

"Mom!" I say, greeting her for a hug. She gladly accepts. "It's so good to see you again honey." She replies when I pull away.

Her eyes immediately fall on Jason. "And who's this handsome fella?"

"Oh, this is my-"

"Boyfriend." Jason finishes for me, shaking my mothers hand. "I'm Jason."

"Boyfriend?" She questioned. "Elenor didn't tell me about a boyfriend or that she was seeing any-"

"That's because it's new mom."

"I didn't know you were bringing someone." Devin joins the conversation as he walks in from the kitchen. "Honey this is Elenor's boyfriend Jason." My mother tells him.

Devin walks over as he looks Jason up and down, he reaches out for Jason's hand. He accepts.
"Nice to meet you sir." Jason says.

"Please, call me Devin." Devin tells him.

"How about we take this into the kitchen?" My mother suggested.

"Yes, I think that's a great idea." I softly chuckle. Me and Jason follow them into kitchen where the table was set up nicely.

"Let me put a spot out for Jason." My mother says, quickly getting a plate and silverware an placing them on the table. "Shall we?" Devin asked in a stern voice.

Me and Jason sat down in front of Devin, my mom made each of us a plate of chicken parmesan with noddles around it. "This looks delicious." Jason says, his eyes clued on the meal making me smile.

"Thank you." My mother says with a smile as she sits down next to Devin. "It was always one of Eleanor's favorite."

"So, Jason what do you do?"

"I work for my fathers company." Jason says.

Ha. If only Devin knew his parents were dead and what Jason actually does...

"Thats nice." Devin says, taking a bite of his chicken. "So how did you two meet?" My mother asked.

Again, if you only knew.

Quick, think of something. "We actually meet while I was at school."

"Oh really, That's interesting, how?" She questioned.