Chapter 2

I finally reach the door and open it to find a black beautiful girl with curly hair and a sweet smile.

"Uhm hi.." I say awkwardly.. "Are you..?"

"Your dorm mate. Skye, short for Skyler, Nice to meet you." She said putting her hand out for me to shake.

"Hi..Uhm come in" I say opening the door. "Do you need help with anything?" I asked her.

"That would be nice thank you!" she said dragging in a huge duffel bag and a suitcase. It almost felt like minutes later till I hear another knock on the door. When I go to open it, a girl stands there half smiling, she was brown skinned as well, she looked like a nervous wreck for some reason, her hair was dark brown and she had box braids, and her braids up in a pony tail, her glasses were squared and black, she props her glasses back up with her finger and starts to speak..

"Hey..I'm Quinn.. Um.. my card says I'm staying in room 432 A..." She said quietly, she was nothing like Skye.. She was shy and nerdy looking, whereas skye was outgoing and loud.

"Well.. you're in the right place" I smile and see a swish of relief on her face. Her room was the one right next to mine. The dorm apartment was tiny. right when you walk in, there are two rooms to the left, rooms A and B. and to the right is room C and the bathroom. Skye was the lonesome room next to the bathroom.

..

After getting settled down, I hear a small knock on my room door. I get up from my twin bed and open it.

"Hey! come out into the living room, I want to get to know my roommates!" Skye chirped.

I smiled and followed her out into the living room where Quinn was sitting on the couch against the wall, the couch was a plain black cushion couch near a window, she was in Pjs with a blanket over her. There were two other seats, a black love seat and a black simple couch chair. I go ahead and sit on the love seat against the arm rest and take up the entire seat with my legs, Skye sits on the chair with her legs criss-crossed. I didn't know what was going on, Quinn seemed almost scared to speak. I decided There was an awkward silence for about two minutes so I decided to get on my phone, and Quinn was staring out of the window, till Skye spoke up..

"So.. whats up.......Ok ok ...whats your name? I introduced myself when you opened the door but you never introduced yourself to us." I look up from my phone not sure if those words were meant for me.

"uh.. Hazel.. but you can call me El." I answer her.

"El.. Nice.." Skye smiles

"I like your name." Quinn speaks up

"Thank you guys.. " I smile. They were sweet roommates. Luckily. I was very glad I didn't get stuck with some rude, psycho girls. After what might of been hours of speaking and laughing, I came to know that Skye is from Maryland, and Quinn is from Tennessee. Skye wanted to pursue music and Quinn theatre, Skye and Quinn are both sophomores in NYU. Skye said she had a boyfriend but they were on and off, she likes parties, drinking, smoking, clubbing and every fun thing anyone can think of, Skye absolutely hates being told what to do, she is a free spirit. Skye was a party girl indeed. Whereas Quinn was the complete opposite, Quinn likes to meditate and she's Buddhist, she likes indie bands, and old rock bands, She loves Bill Murray for some strange reason and enjoys re-decorating her room quite often. She was not shy at all, she was blunt and had really dry and almost dark humor that you couldn't help but laugh, she was equally as outgoing as Skye, but in her own, peculiar way. We look at the clock and it is 8:30PM on a Saturday night.

"So, theres this party tonight, its at this house.." Skye says

"A Sorority or Frat house??" I question raising an eyebrow