Chapter 35

A nurse came in earlier to take Harry's dirty clothes off and change him into a hospital gown. They gently cut open his pants and the doctor came in to inform me he was not in a coma just asleep from all the meds, I nod and they leave Harry and I once again alone in the cold half lit hospital room. With my hand still holding onto his, I rest my head against the edge of his bed. 

"Hazel?" I hear a soft voice say. I hadn't realize I had fallen asleep. I look up to see who was calling my name out at the door, I see two figures, Anne and Alexander. I quickly stand up and step away from Harry's bed.

"What happened?" She says, her voice shaky and small, she rushed up to her son and stood next to me, she grabbed his hand and looked as if she was about to cry. 

"Uhm...Alcoholic hypothermia." I answer her. Alexander was still by the door, he looked upset and disappointed. He was casually formal, dressed in a grey suit, the undershirt was a light blue color and unbuttoned, no tie or bow, just the shirt, his hands were in his pocket and he looked completely and utterly lifeless. 

"Did you do this to him!?" Anne says raising her voice, she looks at me with her eyes all teared up. I was shocked by the fact she thought I would get Harry to this point. 

"God no!" I look at her and her eyebrows stop furrowing, she looked helpless. 

"How did this happen?" She asked sternly, "Is he in a coma? They informed us about it 3 hours ago but we were in Florida on a business meeting, I couldn't come as soon as they called, What did the doctor tell you?" She was bombarding me with questions and I tried to not look overwhelmed.

"Mrs. Styles--" 

"Wilson....call me Anne dear, don't make me feel old like that." She corrects me. I nod and take a breath before continuing to speak. She looked at me while still holding on to her son's hand. 

"The doctor said he is not in a coma, he's asleep because of the meds, he got like this because he started drinking, and drank a far too much, he gave himself alcohol poisoning..." I tell the worried mother, "He...he was calling out for me but I wasn't at my dorm. I'm not sure how he got there, but he was calling out for someone named Jenny...and me.." I say mumbling the last few words of my sentence. 

I see anne narrow her eyes and look at me. Before she could speak, Alexander walked up to us and into the light. 

"It saddens me that he would throw away his entire boxing career like this for some booze." He said, his deep voice filling the room. "What am I going to tell the press?" 

"Uhm, I lied to the doctors.. I told them we were at a party and things got out of hand." I say. 

"Thank god. If anyone finds out this was a suicide attempt..." 

"He was not trying to commit suicide!" I snap causing Alexander and Anne to widen their eyes at my tone of voice, "He was hurt about something and drank his sadness, that does not mean he wanted to die." I say softening my tone out of respect.

"Well thank you Hazel, for covering for him." Anne spoke up, "The doctors said he will be fine?" 

I reassure her that he will be fine and she frowns and sits on the chair. Alexander tells us that he was going to go to the cafeteria to get coffee because they have to board another plane in 3 hours and they have gotten zero sleep. I sit on the chair next to Harry and Anne looks disinclined to speak to me. She opened her mouth to say something but closed it quickly. 

"Is everything okay?" I noticed the way she look so uneasy, I wanted her to talk to me because she looked like she had a load of things to say but didn't know how to.