Chapter 12

(3 Mo. Later)

It's now December and New York definitely got colder, It snowed a few times and quickly turned into a nasty slush. I've been applying for jobs off campus all day and I think about going to a cute coffee shop in Downtown Brooklyn that I discovered just a few days ago. I never had the chance to go since I've been incredibly busy. Things with Liam have been spicing up and he keeps hinting to me that he wants me to be his girlfriend but I keep acting oblivious to it. I look at my phone to check the time. It's 5:02 and I know it'll be dark soon. 

After hours of bumping into thousands of people, I finally make it to the subway station, immediately the subway was warmer and I'm grateful because between the wind and the cold, I was freezing my ass off. I swipe my metro card and walk down the stairs to find the N train. I contemplate wether or not I'm at the right station, I wait for the train. As I'm waiting I see a familiar figure standing in front of me talking to a girl. I walk a bit to my left in order to see the face. When he looks up it's Liam. Thoughts immediately come to mind. Who's the girl? My train arrives and I quickly board it. The train was packed so i'm forced to stand up and hold on to a bar above me. 

There was a group of people sitting next to me coughing and a woman breast feeding her baby, next to her was a man who was talking to ....there was no one next to him, next to him was a man asleep with his head thrown back and his mouth wide open, a few teenagers, a man dressed in a suit, and women doing their makeup. I look at the people on this cart hoping to avoid bumping into Liam and luckily, I'm clear. Once it gets to my stop, I hop off the train and look around hoping Liam wasn't around and of course.. I see him. I turn around to walk away

"El!" I hear behind me. I stop in my tracks and turn around. I see Liam jogging up to me. "Hey! I thought it was you, love!.....Why were you avoiding me?" 

"Avoiding you? Why would I ever avoid you?" I ask raising an eyebrow trying to play it off that I was really avoiding him. 

"Yes...you saw me with my cousin and ran away." Liam said in a straight tone.

"Sh-She was your ..cousin?" I ask raising an eyebrow. 

"Yes she was my cousin!...Did you...oh.." Liam answers rubbing the back of his neck and clearly blushing. 

"O-Oh....I just thought." 

"No babe...She's my cousin.." Liam said grabbing my hand. We were in the middle of a subway station surrounded by a few people, and the smell of dry piss radiating in the air. 

"You have no right to call me any pet names.. after all, you're not my boyfriend." I said crossing my arms. 

"Oh.. If you would give me a day maybe I could do what I'd like to do!" He said scolding me

I chuckle and look at him. 

"Hey look, my cousin and I are going to go around town, she's new and I'm showing her around. I'll call later yes?" He smiled and hugged me. "I'll um.. I'll call tonight, love." and soon enough I see him disappear into the crowed of rushed people. 

I roll my eyes and turn to go to the coffee shop. Once I get to the shop I stand in line and contemplate what I might order. I hear my phone ring...Skye

"Hey stranger!" She chirps over the phone

"Hey.." 

"What are you up to today?" She asks. 

"Uhm.. I wanted to study for a bit and practice a routine I'm making up for a job interview next week." I answered her 

"Sweet! Well my friends and I are going out to dinner tonight.. care to join?"