Chapter 74

Chapter Song: Somebody Else -The 1975

       I was trying my best to look past the fact that Harry and I have been nothing but toxic since the day we laid eyes on each other, and I got laid point blank period. Our bodies and minds connected and I couldn't stay away. I just couldn't.

I get to my place and look around, I felt so alone. I wanted to walk to the room and find Harry sitting there with his boxers and a bowl of cereal. I wanted to see him again and what hurt the most is that none, not one of these thoughts had Zach in them.

I go to my room and take my clothes off and change into my black satin nightdress and get in bed, turn the tv on and sit there watching it.

"Hey. It's me again. Goodnight Hazel. I apologize for what I did. For talking about Harry like that, but it's true. All he did was cause you pain....we can talk tomorrow. I have more to say. -Zach"

I didn't bother to answer. He wants to talk more about Harry and I and I couldn't deal with it. I know he's good to me and doesn't deserve it. But I can't help this. I'd rather be alone than hurt someone because my heart belongs to someone else.

"Sweet dreams.. Shrew :) -H xx"

I half smile at the message and reply.

"wow. blast from the past there huh?"

"Just teasing..goodnight love. Dream a little dream of me. H xx"

I put my phone on the nightstand and drifted off to sleep.

I twist and turn in bed, take the blanket off, put it back on, stick a foot out, turnt AC down, put the night light on and I still can't fall asleep. I'm anxious, how do I even begin to tell Zach how I feel, I'm a terrible person. I deserve whatever happens to me after this...whatever Karma I get, I'm gonna break his heart.

I grab my phone and go to call Zach..maybe if I just talk to him, I'll think this twice, I need to--

My phone starts buzzing and I look at the name.

"Harry."

I answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Haze...I can't sleep."

"Why is that?"

"I can't stop thinking about you."

"Is that so? Harry it's 3 in the morning, don't you have some sort of training tomorrow?"

"Nah, its my day off, don't you have to go save someone's life or something?"

"No, tomorrow's Saturday dummy."

"Mmm, so we're both off eh?" His deep sleepy, I can tell his head was against his pillow.

"Guess so."

"What's wrong? What's with that tone? Talk to me." He says sounding more clearer.

"I dunno.." I sigh,

"Well something is obviously wrong Haze... I know its been a long time and it's gonna take an eternity to gain your trust but I'm always here to listen."

"It's Zach." I say turning over and putting the phone on speaker. There was a pause before he spoke up, where all we heard was each other's soft breathing.

"You love him?"

"I don't know...I mean we're not really an old couple, I don't consider myself to love him but..he's sweet, and charming, handsome and he works hard. He's what my mom wanted me to be with initially."

"Hm...then be with his haze. I want your happiness more than anything." 

"I can't. It's not fair to him...to me..."