1

I walk with my hands in my black hoodie pocket. My hair is up in a shitty bun and my face is cold. The bus stop feels like its a mile away right now.

School is shit. I hate school. I've never been great at it. School does everything, but teach me new things. I can't stand the kids. I can't stand the teachers and most of them can't really stand me either. The principal is this fat son of a bitch who tries his hardest to be cool or whatever. I'm surprised I even made it this far into high school.

The yellow bus post comes into my sight eventually and I see her standing there with her dark green messenger bag hanging from her shoulder. Her red hair is perfect and ten times better than mine as always. Her denim jeans and closed off heel boots do her justice and that beautiful face. That face that makes me run through every emotion and jump through every hoop.

"You know, you need to be more responsible." Maliah scolded.

I sighed, "I just got here."

She shook her head, "It's been a month already and your grades are shit Jax. Seriously, I'm tired of telling you that you need to get your shit together."

"Were you stalking me again?" I asked already knowing the answer. "You know, when I gave you the password to the school bullshit I never said you can check my grades whenever you damn well please."

She frowned, softening those majestic grey eyes, "It's really going to hurt me when I graduate without my best friend."

I shrugged and looked away, into the road, "Whatever, freckles."

"Hope you did your art history homework." She mentioned.

I sighed in frustration, "Didn't do that or any of the other shitty homework that was assigned."

"And there goes another zero in the grade book." She said.

I rolled my eyes, "What else is new?"

She doesn't say anything back. I move my eyes to her. I'm taller than her by a few inches. Her eyes are darting around, following the cars that pass by us every few seconds. I bite my bottom lip, wishing I can just kiss her.

Maliah is better than I am, both physically and at life. She's the better half of me and I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. We've been best friends since before freshman year of high school. I'm not even sure how that happened, but we kind of just stuck to each other like glue since.

"By the time the bus comes I'll be a frozen piece of shit." I said.

"Yet you insist on wearing that black hood. It's almost winter, Jax." She replied sarcastically.

I scowled, "Fucking bite me. I don't have any jackets."

"So then I'll give you one of mine so I can stop hearing you complain."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I stare at her some more. She folds her arms. I can see her breath in the air. We should really consider walking at this point. Getting up at seven in the morning just to wait here for a bus that's never on time fucking blows.

"We still got time to walk." I said softly.

She sighed, "I really didn't want to do that today."

I pushed some of my hair out of my face, "It's not like you have to walk alone."

"Yeah, I have to walk with you."

I smirked, "You've been doing it for four years already."

"I was going to say one of us should invest into getting their license, but you're too irresponsible and I don't trust you behind a wheel." She said.