Authors Q&A

These are questions asked by you and this is me answering them! Hopefully you find some answers here if you're looking for them.

Also, this a major spoiler warning. If you haven't read the Breaking series yet, then I advise you not to read this Q&A unless you don't care about spoilers. Some questions/answers won't even make sense either, but you've been warned!

Q: What inspired Insatiable?

Back in my senior year of high school I had two computer classes back to back. At some point in the year I had finished all of my work and just decided to write a book. Very weird era in my life. So I just started writing Insatiable in the library for about 2 hours a day. Then I started picking it up at home.

At the time, my relationship and surroundings inspired a lot of the characters and original storyline. Since I started writing it in high school you can imagine why the setting is in high school.

Q: What were some events that happened in the original that didn't happen in the rewrite?

I'll share a few key plot changes.

Hayden was originally Harry's killer. Instead of Harry being terminally ill, Jax actually throws a major house party and loses track of Harry. Somewhere down the road, Harry's case grows cold. When Hayden suddenly arrives back to town to finish what he started, Jax eventually crosses paths with Hayden and finds out. It sounds cool, but trust me when I tell you it was a mess.

Hielee and Jax actually have intercourse in the original. Jax ends up with Hielee and Maliah ends up with Hayden for a short period of time.

Jax actually confronts Maliah's father about the sexual harassment. I can't remember where I ended up going with that though. It's been a while.

Hayden kills Scooter in school, which is how Hayden eventually gets caught. (Told you its a mess)

At the end of the original, Jax and Maliah see Jane Keen and Bryan Coewitz kissing in Jax's driveway. I was planning to keep this plot twist, but toward the end I decided not too.

Jax and Maliah actually end up kissing in the first chapter so their specific issues start instantly. They don't get together until the very end.

Q: How come you didn't add in Maliah's perspective?

It's just not the style I wanted for Insatiable. Jax is the main character and it's only supposed to be her story. I feel like adding in another perspective would dilute it and it wouldn't be as good.

Q: What is the exact timeline of this series and the Breaking series? You know, since all the characters eventually show up in each others books.

This may get a little confusing, but bare with me:

- Jax and Maliah are four years older than Allie and North. This should already clear up some confusion if there is any.

- Jax, Maliah, Allie and North all lived in Stirling Gordon at one point and went to the same high school, but obviously not long enough to run into each other or anything. Allie dropped out of high school very early on and North was put into foster care and adopted so she didn't get to really do high school there for long either.

- While Allie and North, theoretically speaking (since Allie dropped out anyway and North was shipped off) started high school, Jax and Maliah were basically in their last year, graduating.

- When Jax and Maliah are moving in together is approximately when Allie gets hit by the taxi.

Hopefully that makes the back and forth easier to understand. I'm pretty sure there are a few minor inconsistencies between the stories, but that's all retconned stuff now. Everything I said just now is 100% canon.