17

Just as lunch was about to finish, Hayden found Maliah and basically took her away from me. My stomach felt queasy and I was a little scared. She's never been rejected before. First rejections can be hard and I'm not buying the fact that she's not bothered by it in the slightest.

During our final period class she was normal. She also let me copy off of her even though I didn't get the textbook when she asked. I avoided asking about what happened. I'm sure she'll randomly start talking about it on her own.

As selfish as it is, I'm happy they're not a thing anymore. I know one day I won't have a choice, but the longer she's single, the better. I rather watch her be with someone else while I'm with someone. Even then it'll probably be annoying.

"So what's your game plan?" Maliah asked, ending my thoughts.

"Uh ... about ...?"

She rolled her eyes, "You know. The certain someone whose sitting in the back of the class."

"Oh. Yeah. I have no fucking idea." I answered with false confidence.

"Well, I'm going straight home because I've had to tell several college officials that I'm currently in class. So I need to get back to them pronto."

I smirked, "Have fun getting melted by the same phrases and persuasion techniques they use on everyone."

"Thanks for being supportive." She responded dryly.

"Knock em' dead with your nerd talk."

She smiled a little, but then rolled her eyes. I'm not the best at being supportive toward something that's gonna take her away from me.

The rest of class was smooth. We got slapped with some classwork, of course. It seems like none of these teachers give a shit about their jobs. I swear I've never learned anything in my years of schooling. This is why no one takes education seriously. Tests and classwork isn't fucking teaching anyone anything.

I remember Harry being so open about learning new things. His interests ranged from stuff like normal kid sports to how the world was created. My parents aren't religious people so we weren't raised on having personal faith's and stuff. Maliah is a little religious though so she tells me what she knows.

The bell rang, ending class.

Maliah quickly got her things together. My stuff was already packed because this class work bullshit wasn't getting touched. Fuck that.

"Calm down speedy." I said watching Maliah.

"You don't understand. I don't want to miss out on these calls." She said.

I shrugged, "I guess."

"Good luck with Hielee." She mentioned.

"I didn't think you were serious about actually leaving so fast. And leaving me at that."

She laughed, "You'll be fine. She's not scary."

"She could be for all we know."

Maliah moves into me for a hug. I hug her back and then she kisses my cheek. Its really rare she plants a kiss on my cheek, but I push it out my head. It means nothing. We won't ever mean anything.

"I love you. Be sure to update me please." She said.

"I will. Get home safe. Let me know when you're there."

She walks around the table and leaves me by myself. Everyone is packing up their stuff. My eyes travel to the back of the classroom. Hielee is fixing her hair. Her eyes don't move to mine. At least not yet.