3

Waking up with Maliah's leg over me and her head in my shoulder blade usually puts me in a good mood. Waking up in her room in general is a great feeling. It's like my mini sanctuary.

I got up before her alarm to watch her sleep for a little. Then when her alarm went off I watched her soft and sleepy grey eyes open. It made feel even better to know that I was the first thing she saw today.

She even snuggled into me once more after shutting the alarm off. When we were younger I got confused a lot by her actions. I didn't know if she was sending me signals or if she just wanted to be close to me. Eventually I figured out that best friends are just affectionate and Maliah is secretly a big baby who loves to be cuddled and treated like a princess.

Affection never came easy for me though. My parents showed me a lot of it when I was a kid of course, but when Harry came into the picture I could tell that he was their favorite and all of their love went to him. Things changed and not in a good way.

After that I had trouble showing affection until Maliah became my best friend. Even then it took some time getting used to it. Maliah eventually figured out why though. She observed my parents and how they treated me. It was obvious and I feel like that's another reason why she is the way she is with me. She knows I need love too.

Harry was a smart kid and I loved him even though my parents loved him more than me. Specifically my Dad, but I spent a lot of time with the kid. Maliah loved him like a brother too and was just as devastated when he passed.

My life feels like one unfortunate event after another and I cope now, but I can't beat the feeling of this faint emptiness threatening to come back again. It's there and I feel it more often now. The urges are coming back and fucking me up all at once.

The bell rings, dismissing my six period class. Maliah and I don't meet up for this last class until we get into the room. so I have to walk the halls alone and try to keep my patience as I get bumped around in the crowd.

This school needs to get bigger and fast. With all these new freshmen especially; soon no one will be able to move.

"Hey." I heard next to me.

I look over to my left and see a pleasant face. It's the hot new Hispanic girl that just transferred here.

"Hey," I said softly. "Seems like we're all just stuck here, huh?"

She smiled, "Yeah. In my old school it wasn't like this. It's crazy to think that you can seriously be late without even trying."

Her eyes are big, brown and clear. Her skin reminds me of that light milk coffee my Mom drinks in the morning. Her lips are full and glossy looking. Her hair is up in a bun that's really loose causing some strands of her dark brown hair to hover over her face. Goddamn, she's gorgeous.

"I'm ... Jax," I said extending my hand. "I'm a junior."

She grabbed my hand and shook it, "I'm Hielee. I'm also a junior."

"Hielee," I repeated quietly. "Nice name."

She shrugged, "I can say the same to you."

"So how do you like this math class?" I asked.

"It's okay. I like math, so it's pretty smooth." She answered.

"I don't like too much of school so I don't like anything."

"And I don't blame you."

We exchange soft smiles and continue to walk the rest of the way to class. She's about Maliah's height so the difference is there. Her body is just as nice too. I'm trying my hardest to keep my eyes off of her.