33

I got a good fucking look of Clay's face. It's pretty disgusting and I would hate to have to come back to school looking even uglier, but it serves him right. That was for all the kids that get bullied by him and most importantly that was for me. And I don't feel bad in the slightest.

Don't fuck with me.

His right eye has a nasty black eye that's currently changing colors. I definitely broke his nose. His weird white cast block thing gives that away. I didn't even know you could put a cast on your nose. I want to laugh so bad.

"Stop staring," Maliah scolded. "I don't want any issues. Its too early for this crap."

I laughed, "You think he even still has the balls?"

She gave me the mean eye and turned back to her locker. Maliah isn't in a very good mood today. Her parents finally came back Vegas. Its bothering me too, but I'm trying not to think about it. I just hope nothing happens at her house. They've been gone for a while now.

"You okay?" I asked softly.

She closed her locker and sighed, "I don't know."

"You sure you don't want me to come over?" I asked for the third time.

"I'm sure, Jax. Thank you."

I gently grab her hand and pull her to me. She gives me a hug and I kiss the top of her head. Maliah and I have decided ... to just be friends.

Our talk wasn't the easiest for me to stomach or her for that matter. It was hard ... hearing things I never thought could be running through her mind. It was hard for me to just come to the agreement that we're really just gonna be ... friends, but I guess its the best for both of us. More her than me I like to think.

Even after all the shit I talked I still had hope that we were going to work out being together. Hope is dangerous and its why I'd rather not have any of it. It just gets me hurt. A lot. I mean deciding that even after she told me I was her world then having sex is just heart breaking and confusing.

"Are you okay?" She asked looking up at me.

I nodded, not really knowing how to answer that. I'm not okay, but I'm not bad. I'm just? Just lost in thought? Trying to make sense of everything? Mainly satisfied that Maliah and I are back on normal terms, but it's a very bitter taste in my mouth.

She pulled away from me and folded her arms across her chest, "Are you lying? What did we say about not expressing emotions when we feel them?"

I had to stop myself from laughing, "You sound like a therapist trying to figure out whats wrong with their five year old right now."

She punched my arm, "I'm trying to help you asshole."

"I'm just thinking. Nothing is wrong."

"About?"

"You and other things. We don't have to talk about this now ... whatever happened to our safe places? School is definitely not one of them." I answered with a smile.

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Don't patronize me."

"I like to think I kinda have too. You know, since we're just friends and all." I teased.

"And there's nothing wrong with just being friends." She stated.

I frowned, "Even when friends have sex?"

She shrugged, "I believe two friends can have sex without it being an issue. Sex is natural. We're sexual beings."

I stared at her, trying to figure out when she became so chill about casual sex, "Well someone's had a change of heart."