11

I slowly open my eyes. They feel heavy as hell, like I didn't sleep the entire night. I'm on my stomach and my arms are numb under my pillow. Everything that happened yesterday comes back to me, making my entire body quiver in frustration. Why did I even bother to wake up?

I hear someone walking along the hall. It's probably my Mom coming in and out of Harry's room. She does that sometimes. She'll even lay in his bed for a little bit when she's done cleaning and reorganizing.

I turn over on my back and stretch. Today's the party. I was going to tell Maliah about it before she left yesterday in a panic, but I guess it wouldn't really matter at this point. I'll just keep it to myself.

I grab my phone off the floor and lay back down. I have nothing from Maliah, but a text from Hielee and something from my Mom. It's also ten in the morning right now. I'm definitely going back to sleep after eating some cereal or something.

I open Hielee's text first.

"I can't sleep."

Guess that was last night. I guess I should text her good morning or something. Gotta start somewhere. Plus I'll be with her most of the night, it'll be awkward not to start a conversation.

I texted, "Hey, good morning. If I don't reply back it's because I fell back to sleep."

A loud thud next door makes me sit up quickly. I wasn't planning on getting up until I heard my Mom start crying. So I slowly made my way out of bed with my phone and saw her on her knees in Harry's room with broken glass on the wooden floor.

"Uh ... Mom?" I said.

She doesn't respond. She's in a dark red robe and fuzzy black slippers. I peer over her, watching my step. Its Harry's vase that he made in his pottery class. I remember that day because I was the one who took him. I remember that day pretty clearly. He was so happy and he always had a thing for hands on stuff.

"W-We can glue it back together." I said.

She sucked in a large breath of air, "I was jut dusting and I-I tipped it o-over."

"Its okay. Accidents happen."

She whispered, "I miss him so much."

I nodded, "I know. Should I go get the broom?"

She shook her head sniffled, "No. That's fine. I'll ... just be here for a while. Your father got called into work this morning. I'm not sure when he'll be back home."

"I'm going out tonight ..." I added.

"Where? To Maliah's?

"Yeah." I lied.

"Okay. Just text me. Are you spending the night?"

I shrugged. I'll most likely come back home because Hielee lives with her Mom and I doubt her Mom even knows she's going to a party herself, "I don't know. Probably not."

"Be safe." She said faintly.

I turn and walk away. I don't like talking to her for too long or being in that room. I just want my cereal so I can go back to bed.

**

I put on my black jeans and a random sweatshirt. I don't really dress up for parties, but no one really does so I don't feel the slightest bit of bad.

I'm a little nervous walking into Pack's party. We haven't talked since my last episode. I probably won't even see him, but it'd still be nice too. He wasn't my friend, but we talked and got drunk and high together. He was the one that introduced me to acid and coke.