24

I emptied out my book bag on the floor of my room. Papers, pens, pencils and folders are currently stacked in a small dusty pile in front of my feet. Maliah made me go home today even though I much rather just stay with her. I don't know why she thinks I'm gonna get up early on my own.

I think she wanted a night to herself because we've been together the entire week. I should say for the last three weeks. And come to think of it, maybe Maliah is the type to want space after some time which is fine with me. I don't think I've ever wanted to be away from Maliah though. It's probably because I don't have anything to do in my free time. Maliah usually has stuff to do and I don't want to be in her way.

I'm home and sleeping in my bed tonight for the first time in a while. I got spoiled with having Maliah in my arms.

My parents are downstairs making dinner while I'm just making a mess here.

Coming back home I was surprised to see that Harry's room was still empty. I thought in the past twenty-four hours that they would wind up dumping junk in there like they do with the shed. Twenty-four hours and they still haven't spoken to me about their therapist or the room itself.

It wouldn't be the first time they just did shit without telling me. I don't know how long I'm gonna be able to act like it's not bothering me, but I'm going to try my best. I don't need anything hindering my time with Maliah. Even though I'd sneak out anyway, but it's more Maliah that's very serious about me being "grounded" than my parents.

I wish they would try and tell me I'm grounded.

I kneel down to organize this small mess of mine, my phone started vibrating in my pajama pants. I expect to Maliah to be on the caller ID, but I was surprised to see that it was Hielee calling.

She most likely needs something. I'm not sure why she'd call at this time ... me of all people.

I answered, "Uh, hello?"

"Hey. We need to talk." She said in a serious tone.

My chest tightened, "Did I do something?"

"No. It's not about me or you, it's about Chase."

"Oh," I said in almost a whisper. "Well what happened?"

"He got busted ... busted with the drug stuff. I don't mean just weed. I mean with the coke and stuff. You know, all the shit at the party he had. Some girls are in the hospital because of what he gave them. They didn't have a choice, but to tell what they took and where it came from," She said. "He's under investigation and they're trying to find evidence that he really is a dealer."

"How does that even work? Doesn't mean he's a dealer right off rip. They can't just take some girls word without hard evidence."

She sighed softly, "That's why he's under investigation and that's why I'm warning you."

"Warning me? I didn't do shit," I said defensively. "I told you when we first met that I stopped."

She spoke firmly, "Can you let me speak?"

I stopped talking.

She sighed, "Thank you. I'm warning you because some people I associate with found some of their lockers broken open with drugs planted inside them. He's hiding his stashes and is trying to shift attention from him."